- Date Posted:
- Recruiter:BNY Mellon
- Location:New York, NY, USA
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary:$122,000 - $205,000 USD / Year
- Applications have closed
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world’s top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” – 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers in the new era of digital.
With nearly 240 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We’re seeking a future team member for the role of Head of Data & Insights to join our Marketing & Communications team. This role is located in New York, NY.
The Head of Data & Insights for Marketing & Communications reports to the Global Head of Corporate Marketing. This individual will lead the Data & Insights Center of Excellence and manage a team of data engineers, scientists and analysts.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Oversees critical data & insights functions for the Marketing & Communications organization including reporting, analytics, insights generation, research & data management. Provides dashboards and regular reporting on key performance indicators.
- Develops, manages, communicates and drives the execution of the analytics roadmap for the corporate function, in partnership with the broader marketing teams and the enterprise data management teams.
- Continually measures the effectiveness of marketing and communications channels and campaigns, providing insights and recommendations for future enhancements.
- Elevates the sophistication of marketing & communications data by spearheading the development of an integrated marketing analytics database, with a strong emphasis on enhancing data quality and improving data governance practices.
- Stays up to date with the latest & best-in-class analytics tools and methodologies to solve complicated problems around marketing attribution and revenue contribution.
- Represents the best practices of the Data & Insights group to both internal and external partners. Fosters a culture of data-driven decision-making and evangelizes its importance. Contributes research and insights to the development of thought leadership pieces.
A successful candidate should ideally have these qualifications:
- 12-15 years of relevant work experience in marketing analytics, data science and reporting, preferably in B2B marketing & communications organizations.
- Proven history of utilizing large datasets to generate actionable insights in B2B marketing & communications organizations.
- Strong executive presence, experienced in team management and stakeholder influence.
- Proficiency in research methodologies, resource management, and workflow coordination. Ability to get hands-on with data including familiarity with tools such as SQL, Python, R, Tableau and Adobe Analytics.
- Effective in a fast-paced, team-oriented, results-driven environment. Global mindset comfortable in a highly diverse environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required in statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline. Master’s degree or PhD a plus.
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $122,000 and $205,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.