JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
Reporting to the Senior Facilities Manager, the Events & Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for leading on the development and successful delivery of the Estate’s Events program, placemaking and marketing strategy to the 10,000 residents, occupiers, and visitors at Merchant Square Estate.
The role is primarily focused on promoting, managing and hosting open air events, and includes a strong element of community management and CSR, particularly geared toward the local community.
Responsibilities include defining the strategy on an annual basis, with the aim to encourage the growth of the community, drive engagement, stimulate visitor footfall and position Merchant Square as a premium destination where to live, work and visit.
The role will be supported by the onsite Estate Management team to deliver the program of events for this thriving, premium mixed-use estate in the Paddington Basin.
Role & Responsibilities
- Acting as lead contact and coordinator for events, communications, and marketing
- Strategically plan the yearly program of events that contributes to, the overall MSQ brand to the benefit of the Estate occupiers, residents, and local community
- Implement placemaking projects to enhance and activate the space
- Drive the marketing activity for Merchant Square Estate. Manage all MSQ marketing channels including the website, social media handles and monthly newsletter to drive digital engagement
- Collating appropriate documentation for each event including Event Management Plans, Risk Assessments and License documents. ensuring all events adhere to H&S and licensing polices
- Co-ordinating activity and development on upcoming 5 Merchant Square App
- Delivery of the events on the day as the leading point of contact and managing external partners
- Manage the events and marketing budget effectively throughout each service charge year
- Engaging and negotiating with potential commercial partners for events, pop-ups and filming
- Liaison with occupiers and traders where necessary particularly relating to retailer offers, news, and campaign feedback
- Management and creation of estate comms and signage with designers
- Managing relationships with external creative and communication agencies
- Development of Sustainability and Social Impact agenda for the estate alongside key stakeholders
- Writing content for awards submissions
- Engaging with local charities and producing annual CSR Programme
- Be the main host of all events, monitoring the operational aspect of each event to completion
Key Stakeholders – You will be working with:
- Estate management
- Occupiers, Building Managers & Retailers
- Local community
- Local charities
- Third party agencies
- Previous experience gained within a marketing and events environment, at Assistant or Executive level, either agency or client side is desirable
- Previous experience of delivering successful events and placemaking strategies across destinations with high footfall
- Proven experience in content creation and management. Good understanding of WordPress or similar CMS and the ability to update and maintain websites
- Hands on experience with Instagram and Facebook for business
- Proficiency in using Mailchimp or similar email marketing platform to create and circulate newsletters
- Knowledge of time management and prioritising is recommended, as well as confidence in communicating, and working to a deadline
- Experience in delivering onsite Events
- Experience in content development for websites and social media
- Understanding of design skills such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva – ideal but not essential
Critical Competencies for Success
- Creative and outside the box thinking
- Developing and sustaining key relations; occupiers, retailers, estate management teams, suppliers and stakeholders
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and have the ability to work under pressure
- Strong ownership
- Strong management skills and ability to work without supervision
On-site –London, GBR
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated.