Wolf & Badger is on a mission to make retail fair. Working to support our community of 2000+ independent designers from around the globe, we connect customers with ethically sourced fashion, design, home and beauty through our online marketplace and flagship stores in London, New York City and Los Angeles. We are a rapidly growing scale-up business, now entering an exciting new phase of growth and looking to expand our team of c.115 people currently located between London, Málaga, New York and Los Angeles. We are a Certified B Corporation, with social and environmental purpose at the core of everything we do, read more about us here.
As our ideal Email and Content Marketing Executive, you will be proactive, organised and efficient. You will work across a variety of initiatives, enjoy new challenges, working with different people, functions and skill-sets and bring a positive attitude throughout.
You will take ownership of, and drive forward, our CRM and content strategy and initiatives with energy in order to help the Wolf & Badger brand thrive. You will be a champion of our mission and think about both the desires of our community of brands and of our customers, whilst pioneering an avante-garde, sustainable and alternative approach to consumption.
Importantly, you will bring a desire to write creatively and to constantly improve your skills, coupled with an extremely close attention to detail. You will strive for excellence, welcome critique and bring a data-oriented yet creative approach to problem solving. You will be able to learn about our customers and use insights to inform social strategies, content and tactics.
- Design emails & write copy to create compelling email storytelling that is on-brand
- Be responsible for proofing, scheduling and deploying email sends and A/B tests as well as creating audience segments for different customer send groups and territories.
- Assist in the execution of content and copy for social channels and website content
- Assist in general copywriting, editing and proofreading across the business ensuring that content and copy is executed to an exceptional standard across the business
- Assist in the day-to-day email production process, designing, proofreading and building content to meet agreed KPIs.
- Optimise our Automation emails
- Assist in reporting on channel and campaign performance, using insights to drive performance
- Execute the uploading, proofreading, editing and scheduling of all articles to our magazine
- Liaise with the wider Marketing and PR Team in order to drive engagement with articles
- Produce monthly reports for magazine performance on revenue and user sessions as well as collecting data from the social media performance of articles.
- Be willing to learn about and take on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) responsibilities.
- Plan the editorial calendar month by month, bring fresh ideas for growing the readership of the magazine
- Ensure that we are getting the most from all of our articles by liaising with the team on social media circulation of articles, inclusion into emails
- Constantly think about how we can improve the design of our magazine from a Product standpoint in order to give users a better experience
- Liaise with the Product team to introduce a new Content Management System (CMS) in order to better surface content across the website
- Work on making content processes transparent to the team through our knowledge-sharing platform, Guru
- Think both creatively and in a data-led way in order to create the best content and a leading magazine
- Play a pivotal role in driving forward the content strategy and growth of the content function throughout the business
At times you may also assist the Marketing team with:
- Organising image submissions from brands
- Olapic approvals & sharing the best User Generated Content
- Operating Facebook Commerce Manager
- Creating & scheduling supplementary social media posts
- Email and CRM experience
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills
- Examples of your work (please include a portfolio link in your application)
- SEO experience (desirable but not required)
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Self-motivated, highly organised and versatile
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Tech savvy with experience working with marketing software and data analysis software (desirable but not required)
- Background or demonstrated interest in interiors/fashion/design/beauty and ethical/sustainable practices and current affairs
- Enjoy being part of a team and doing whatever it takes to help that team succeed
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a startup-like environment
- A humanities degree background (desirable)
- Competitive starting salary of £26-28.5k per annum subject to experience
- Meaningful work! We are a proud B-Corp which is leading the change in responsible retail – for people and planet.
- Flexible remote working policy with access to a creative work environment within a multi-purpose retail, food, events and office environment
- 25 day holiday allowance in addition to bank holidays
- Paid ‘pet-ernity’ and heartbreak leave
- Corporate ClassPass membership for exercise class credits, wellbeing and beauty treatments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts across Wolf & Badger online and in store
- Excellent career opportunities in a rapidly growing international business
Wolf & Badger is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.