The University of Virginia Darden School of Business is a purpose-driven, top-ranked global business school, with the mission to improve the world by inspiring responsible leaders through unparalleled transformational learning experiences.
Leading the branding, marketing and communication efforts of the School and its affiliated Darden School Foundation is Darden’s Communication & Marketing Hub of Excellence. The hub is comprised of marketers representing specific business units (Advancement, Admissions and Executive Education & Lifelong Learning), as well as enterprise-focused marketers and communicators who lead and execute on the overall Darden brand strategy.
This position is for a Director of Marketing at the Enterprise level, who will work alongside the CMCO and leadership team to shape and execute on a strategy to support Darden’s goals and to build its global reputation and reach. The Hub is driving advancements to the Darden brand with an external brand strategy agency, and this role will work directly with the CMCO to manage that relationship.
The Director of Enterprise Marketing will lead a team of six strong internal professionals and liaise with the agency and other external partners. The portfolio includes creative direction and execution on established brand standards, web design, digital advertising, and data and marketing analytics.
Through a blend of creative vision, tech savvy, and marketing and data-driven business acumen, the Director and team will bring to life Darden’s differentiators across various channels and mediums — ranging from websites to print collateral to digital advertising — to reach a diverse global audience with the School’s value proposition.
The ideal candidate will be a creative and analytical problem solver who understands the importance of supportive leadership and collaboration for achieving impact. Having a strong design sense and skills, as well as the ability to work seamlessly with both creative and technical agencies, is critical. As a key project manager, the Director will help coordinate the team’s efforts to build the Darden brand and meet the full potential of its mission.
This position is located in-person in Charlottesville, VA.
- Oversee the Enterprise Marketing function of the hub. The portfolio includes creative direction, execution on established brand standards, digital asset procurement and management, web design, digital advertising and marketing analytics.
- Lead a team of six strong internal professionals, including creatives, web professionals and digital marketers. Set short and long-term goals for the team and support their development and growth.
- Liaise with several external partners. Ensure that Darden is a great partner to vendors. Draft and negotiate contracts and oversee execution and compliance.
- Work alongside the CMCO and leadership team to shape the overall brand strategy for the Darden Enterprise.
- Support the directors of the business units, who leads teams of their own, by offering services, suggestions and solutions. Demonstrate a service-oriented mindset in pursuit of high performance.
- Work with the external brand agency to develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan.
- Manage the marketing budget and seek efficiencies to maximize resources.
- Use data collection, analysis and visualization, and industry and market research, to improve the effectiveness and success of marketing activities.
- Ensure compliance with Darden’s brand standards across the enterprise by communicating them and offering suggestions. Review designs and art to ensure adherence to brand standards.
- Coordinate projects and workflows, so that the teams are working toward the same established goals.
- Liaise with the Darden Video Team, as separate unit, as needed.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
- Manage budgets and timelines for all marketing projects.
Education and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field and eight years of relevant experience required. Master’s degree is appreciated.
- 15+ years of experience in marketing/digital marketing, with at least five in a leadership role preferred. Direct work experience within the higher education landscape preferred.
- Demonstrated success as a team leader and manager, and a team player.
- Skill in both the creative, analytical and technical aspects of modern marketing and aptitude as a lifelong learner for an ever-evolving field.
- Knowledge of web and web analytics tools, such as Drupal, WordPress, SEO, Google Analytics 4, Salesforce, SQL and data visualization tools; demonstrate ability to work with Strategic IT team.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic mindset, with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and make difficult decisions.
- Experience building strong relationships with and supervising vendors in the completion of projects within tight budget and time constraints.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Apply online using the following link: http://jobs.virginia.edu/us/en/job/R0057194/Director-of-Enterprise-Marketing-Darden-School-of-Business. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
Complete the application, and upload the following Required materials:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position
***Please note that you MUST upload ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS into the CV/Resume box, into which multiple documents can be uploaded. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.***
For this position, the selected candidate will need to complete the required background checks prior to the start date of the position.
This position will remain open until filled.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Marcus Rozier, Academic Recruiter, at email@example.com.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration in Marketing or a related field.
Experience: Eight years of relevant professional experience. Direct work experience within the higher education landscape and knowledge in licensing is preferred.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.