As the holistic Search Specialist, you will be embedded as a critical team member into the day-to-day operations of Unilever’s Digital Marketing Commerce team, supporting some of the nation`s most loved brands. This role is responsible for the creation of an overarching strategy across SEO/SEA/retail search that reflects and adapts to category and brand priorities and turning this vision into best-in-class implementation. You are also closely collaborating with content creation teams and projects to communicate requirements for improving search performance.
- Design & implementation of search strategy across SEO/SEA/retail search for the category/brand – including always-on and campaign-led activations
- Active contribution to full-funnel consumer journey thinking including POE (paid, owned, earned) media channels as part of the IBP process
- Closely collaborating with brand teams/content leads to communicate content needs/improvements and other requirements for maximizing the impact of search
- Constantly tracking/monitoring to learn and optimize day-to-day activities against business goals, via closely collaborating with webmaster, performance analyst and other relevant partners
- Co-own the innovation/learning roadmap for holistic search
All ABOUT YOU
- Demonstrated experience in PPC / search engine advertising
- Good knowledge of the Google stack (Google Ads, SA360, Analytics)
- Experience with content creation or content SEO is an advantage
- Inquisitive, data-driven insights for decision-making
- Eager to take smart risks, champion new ideas, and experimental in mindset
- Strong analytical skills combined with a deep consumer understanding
- Willingness to understand the Nutrition business in full to maximize the potential of search and content and steer the role of this lever in the business accordingly
- Operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Communicate and collaborate to earn trust up, down and across the company
- Work with multiple stakeholders within a complex organization and external partners
- Hands-on mentality to get things done & agile and fast working attitude to reduce speed to market of deployment.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’
In September 2020, Unilever announced the intention to build a new sustainable campus site in Kingston, London to house the employees who currently work in 100 Victoria Embankment in Blackfriars, Lever House in Kingston, Unilever House in Leatherhead and Graze in Richmond. We are creating our own Unilever sustainable, agile work environment, purposefully bringing us together in our own Unilever ecosystem. The campus is due to be completed in early 2025 and will consist of two interconnected buildings, as well as landscaped surrounding areas.
What We Offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, we also offer an annual bonus, free gym, a discounted staff shop and shares. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and hybrid working environment.
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We are a key advocate of wellbeing and offer a variety of support for our people including hubs, programmes and development opportunities. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity. We are also more than happy to provide reasonable adjustments during our application and interview process to enable you to be present your best self.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money. In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!