We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated digital marketing specialist to join our growing team. If you’re enthusiastic about social media, communications, and online marketing, this may be the position for you. We are seeking someone to help promote our brand and engage our community. Primary responsibilities include paid and organic digital campaigns, graphic design, content management (image, video, articles), and reporting.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should have advanced multitasking and organizational abilities. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys participating in a wide variety of projects. In this position, you will be exposed to all aspects of the marketing department. It’s a great position to contribute your specialties and learn more about marketing initiatives in which you have less experience.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is an external-facing member of the marketing team that reports to the Director of Marketing. This role is responsible for project management of marketing campaigns, completing marketing requests from department and company leadership, generating content as needed, and ideating ad copy and creative advertising as needed. This role needs to be able to strategize and problem solve to handle day-to-day requests with autonomy and initiative.
- Develop and maintain the website, newsletter, direct mail, and social media campaigns.
- Support the internal marketing team with advertising management, researching new opportunities, and launching advertising campaigns.
- Research, launch, and assist in analyzing advertising opportunities to test new marketing campaigns that meet KPIs and generate leads.
- Assist sales teams by providing guidance for product messaging, positioning, and identifying target customers.
- Manage the national and regional event marketing by creating signage, designing ads, etc.
- Fully manage onsite marketing projects, such as photoshoots.
- Ideate ad copy and create email marketing as needed for marketing campaigns.
- Support content development for all marketing campaigns including but not limited to advertisings, email marketing, and social media.
- Execution of SEO strategy via publishing and writing of web copy, ensuring UX strategy is adhered to when publishing.
- Identify conferences, trade shows, and other speaking opportunities and manage trade show activities.
- Act as liaison to projects with marketing vendors and reporting on projects in a timely manner.
- Interface with WordPress and other platforms needed to carry out tasks.
- Process monthly invoices and receipts.
- Provide regular analysis of programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Up to 20% travel may be required (including international) for trade shows, meetings, etc.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4-7 years of proven work experience in marketing, content, and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, or related field.
- Intermediate graphic design skills. A basic editing skills test may be provided.
- Familiarity with Google Advertising, Microsoft Advertising, and Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Experience writing content with proper spelling and grammar.
- Microsoft Office skills and Suite capabilities.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
- A team player, coupled with the ability to be resourceful and independent.
- Direct experience with B2B business model.
- Ability to analyze performance data and present insights.
- Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, Asana, SEMRush, and Sprout Social.
- Video editing experience.
- Keen sense of lead generation, brand stewardship, advertising, and content messaging.
- Proven experience in content development as it relates to brand awareness and SEO strategy.
- Strong understanding of data and the ability to review reports to inform marketing strategy.
- Branding and communication skills, a keen sense of visual and verbal branding and the ability to compellingly communicate a brand’s story to a desired audience.
- An understanding of user experience, digital strategy, basic SEO knowledge, and marketing projects in line with these areas.
- Experience using a CRM system.
- Ability to help guide and motivate team members in a fast-paced environment.