The Guitar Center Company is a dynamic online retailer committed to providing customers with a seamless and enjoyable shopping experience. As a leader in the musical instrument industry, we are dedicated to offering a diverse range of high-quality products while embracing innovative digital marketing strategies.
We are seeking a highly skilled and strategic Director of Digital Marketing Partnerships to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive Affiliate and Marketing Partnership strategies, optimizing to performance based KPIS such as customer acquisition, traffic generation, maximizing revenue growth, and ROI.
Leadership and Strategy:
- Responsible for developing and managing strategic partnerships to deliver new revenue streams and drive customer loyalty. E.g. Spotify, Ticketmaster
- Build a strategic plan and operating model to identify, grow, and develop new relationships into strategic Affiliate partnerships in alignment with the company strategy.
- Manage and grow existing Affiliate partner relationships by providing proactive business solutions to partners, as well as offering ideas / methods of increasing revenue and margin.
- Analyze data to make recommendations and oversee strategies related to Affiliate & Partnership marketing with the goal of increasing revenue and maintaining profit margin.
- Partner closely with cross functional teams such as content, SEO, and web to drive alignment and a seamless user experience.
- Be an effective motivator for publishers and advertisers, promoting top programs, and keeping close communications with top performers.
Product Knowledge Focus:
- Produce forecasts and provide regular reports and insights to leadership on Affiliate and Partnership effectiveness / ROI.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscape to identify new Affiliate and Partnership opportunities.
- Explore and integrate innovative and cutting-edge digital marketing techniques into partnership initiatives.
- The focus will be to drive partnerships that raise our profile for the serious musician.
- Negotiate terms and manage relationships to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Develop program commission structure to meet budget goals and accelerate revenue, while maintaining ROI.
- Develop and manage the budget for Affiliate marketing partnership activities.
- Develop strategy and technical execution to support promotional calendar.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of Affiliate marketing partnerships using relevant KPIs.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with partners to develop co-branded campaigns, promotions, and other initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of partnership initiatives into broader marketing campaigns.
To join our band, you’ll need the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field; MBA is a plus.
- Proven experience (7+ years) in Affiliates and partnerships.
- Experience in running Affiliate platforms such as Impact.
- Strong understanding of eCommerce and online retail industry trends.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions.
- Creative thinker with a strategic mindset and a passion for driving results.
Why Guitar Center? Here’s just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity of gig leave–take time off to share your music with the world and return to your job after your tour! Guitar Center offers robust benefits and perks, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plus company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement options.
Pay Rate: $170,000 $182,000/yr depending on background and experience.
This position is eligible to participate in the Guitar Center Company bonus program based on Company performance.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors. The pay range(s) listed are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.