A part of Colgate-Palmolive since 1976, Hill’s Pet Nutrition offers the highest-quality pet nutrition available through product lines Prescription Diet® and Science Diet®. Veterinarians worldwide recommend and feed their own pets Hill’s products more than any other brand of pet food.
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 150954 – Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Now there is a fantastic opportunity for a purpose driven Digital Marketing Rockstar and Pet Lover to join our Hill’sTeam. Could this be you?
We are Hill’s – an innovative growth company reimagining a healthier future for all people, their pets, and our planet. We are part of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company with a portfolio in Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition.
At Hill’s we have a purpose! Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pets through groundbreaking innovation, outstanding nutrition, and committed people.
Our strong culture of diversity, sustainability and inclusion is rooted in our core values of Caring, Global Collaboration and Continuous Improvement. Employees are rewarded by rich career development and experiences.
We pride ourselves on our work life balance, our focus on delivering high ethical standards and our dedication to developing our employees.
About the Job
The Hill’s Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for creating Digital First Brand Experiences among both Pet Parents and Veterinary Professionals, as well as acting as the Digital Guru and thought leader for the Hill’s UK & IRE organization.
The Hill’s Digital Manager will work closely with Hill’s consumer media agency to effectively plan insight based customer journeys, deploy brand assets across a number of digital touch points (own, earned and paid) and measure campaign effectiveness to build strength into future campaigns, working closely cross functionally with sales, marketing and the regional online acceleration center to create consistent and optimized annual plans.
They will also be responsible for delivering the 1P data strategy for the company, inc acquisition and engagement via CRM. Creating a annual calendar roadmapping winning tactics to onboard new pet parents vs global targets and engage with existing contacts.
The Hill’s Digital Manager manages and supports the Professional Digital Engagement Specialist, development and implementation of the professional digital engagement plans including Hills Pet and Integrated ecosystems, Vet CRM Programs and expanding Hills presence in professional social media.
This role is fundamental in helping Hill’s to take a digital first approach to communication.
Colgate ’’Unlock the Full Online Growth Opportunity”. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a growth mindset, who understands what it takes to win online, and draws on resources from across the organization to achieve our growth objectives.
- Digital specialist – working across cross functional teams (internal and external) to drive our digital acceleration vs our 2025 company activation plan.
- Creating, executing and measuring our digital marketing strategy. Working closely with our agencies to identify the right tactics, messages and channels to deliver vs the company goals.
- Working with our media agency to create and deploy our paid media campaigns across display, video and social channels. Also working with our central team to help ensure Paid Search and SEO campaigns are aligned with our local priorities.
- Community management – leading on creating a Hill’s identity within owned social channels and track sentiment & brand perception via social listening tools.
- Create & deploy our 1P Data roadmap – generating best in class concepts to help acquire pet parent data & grow our database, as well as providing a clear strategy for data usage and activation in wider campaigns (CRM, media etc).
- Upskill wider business on digital topics on a regular basis – you are the point of contact/reference for digital expertise within the UK & IRE business.
- Maintaining and managing regularly updates to the website via our global IT team – whilst proactively working to give suggestions and provide improvements to our UX.
- Ensure UK is regarded as the stand out market/center of digital excellence within the EMEA region – sharing best in class practices in regional meetings.
- Min 7+ years of experience in digital marketing
- Strong knowledge of paid media, preferably with media agency experience
- Experience of building SEA and SEO campaigns
- Track record of building and delivering digital marketing strategies
- Experience using digital analytics platforms – Google Analytics preferable
- Experience of working with, managing and leading agency teams
- Understanding of 1P data acquisition
- CRM experience – Salesforce preferable
- Team leadership
- Stakeholder management (cross functional)
- Budget management experience
- Self-awareness/Personal Impact
- Analytical thinking & decision making
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Strategy & Vision
- Educated to degree level
- Entrepreneurial and curious, experiments and tests
- Proficient in digital tools and leveraging data to build business cases
- Has a good understanding of digital marketing channels and experience in deploying the right levers to drive business growth
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement
- A confident individual who is able to lead, coach and work effectively in a cross functional team
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills’ mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL’S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL’S® Science Diet® and HILL’S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries.
To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.