Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity – we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of website management across all Monro brands, managing all SEO activities such as content and keyword strategy, on-page and technical SEO to increase rankings on all major search networks, local pages, partner digital integration.
Compensation: The salary range for this role is $80,000 – $$85,000. Pay will be determined based on experience level.
- Develop and implement a new digital experience and ecommerce platform focused on elevating the brands’ organic footprint online.
- Work with our web development agency to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Play a key role in website management, including site architecture and content recommendations, especially for ecommerce enhancements.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Lead, direct, and collaborate with the team to identify and execute tests, collecting and analyzing data/results to inform the ecommerce and SEO strategy.
- Track, report, analyze website analytics and provide insightful recommendations to leadership
- Key contact for vendor partner engagement. Assists with managing expenses and reconciling discrepancies.
- Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation, regularly sharing your ideas and knowledge with the marketing team.
- Work with team to perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization.
- Research and work with team to implement search engine optimization recommendations.
- Competitive research and analysis.
- Oversee SEO Calendar to coincide with corporate goals and marketing planning.
- Stay current with industry and competitive trends.
- Develop product knowledge within our market and understand challenges and optimizing on marketing strategies.
- Partner digital integration: our site and theirs (w/ marketing specialist).
The Digital Marketing Manager manages a team and operates under the general direction of the Director of Marketing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance or related field.
- Google Analytics Certification; with a minimum of 3 years of Google Analytics experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong understanding of program measurement and ROI.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships and build RFP’s
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple levels of the organization and team members.
- Ability to lead and direct others.
- Proven experience maintaining budget and tracking P&L spend.
- Experience with digital transformation and ecommerce platforms
- Expert in Google Analytics (or other analytics software), conversion tracking, e-commerce, and the interplay of PPC/SEO and local search.
- Extremely organized with the ability manage initiatives collaboratively as well as independently for multiple priorities and initiatives under minimal supervision with the ability to change focus quickly to meet business needs.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets.
- Proficiency with creative/advertising programs and Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of marketing strategies, concepts and practices.
- Strong background in analytics and proficient to compiling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data for making insightful recommendations.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
Hybrid and remote options available. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s Manager at any time based upon Company need.
Monro Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Career Development
Your next Destination!
At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our teammates receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of their careers.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.