- Job Reference:196873
- Date Posted:
- Location:London, UK
- Job Type: Full Time
- Applications have closed
We’d all like amazing work to do, and real work-life balance. That’s waiting for you at Sainsbury’s. We’re one of the biggest supermarkets in the UK with one of the largest websites. So marketing here really happens at scale. We move a lot faster than you’d think too, across Brand Planning, Brand Comms and Creative, Digital Marketing, CRM and Loyalty, Nectar 360, Insights, and Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability. More people shopping with us each week means more interactions. And thanks to data insight, we understand customers in a way that almost nobody else does. We work alongside incredible brand partners and the best agencies around. So if you have a passion to learn, grow and experience new teams, come and explore it all with us.
Here in the Paid Search team, we work with stakeholders from all areas of the Sainsbury’s business to create bespoke PPC campaigns for all elements of business, ranging from food to general merchandise. We manage all the PPC activity for Sainsbury’s Food, Sainsbury’s Home, Tu Clothing and Argos.
Sitting within Digital Marketing, we have a strong focus on automation and innovative testing and like to challenge the status quo. We are always looking for ways to keep up to date with the industry trends and new products, as well as keeping on top of ways to maximise our returns.
Right now we are looking for someone to implement our paid search strategy, managing multimillion pound budgets, forecasting and the delivering strong performance across our Argos brand on a daily basis.
As our Digital Marketing Lead for Paid Search you’ll:
- Evolve the activation, optimisation and performance of our paid search program by employing an agile, test & learn approach that encourages testing of new formats, betas and platforms to deliver growth.
- Support the paid search manager and technology teams in evolving our approach to attribution in paid search focusing on moving away from last click wins
- Confidently present back to the direct team and the wider stakeholders any results or plans against our strategy whilst taking on any questions that may arise
- In line with the CRM team, implement a thorough and tailored audience strategy in paid search that leverages our first party data to drive media effectiveness and efficiency.
- Be the “expert” in all tools used within the channel to be one of the main points of contact within the team for support and problem solving
- Manage and develop a highly capable and enthusiastic team of Digital Marketing Associates, embedding a culture of continuous improvement and self-driven learning and development.
- Manage the paid search marketing budget across multiple brands/categories and associated campaigns to support the customer plan. Ensure spend is in-line with budget plans, keeping variances to a minimum.
Our Paid Search Team would love to see:
- Recommendations on how to help drive forward the digital marketing objectives as well as the commercial objectives through the use of the projects. Also understanding how the projects will provide added value to the strategy.
- Sufficient knowledge of the inner workings of auction-based media to be able to challenge the status quo and make informed decisions on program structure, program fundamentals and technology.
- Appreciation and in-depth knowledge of product feeds and feed technology including data sources, flows and formats.
- You must be experienced at managing significant budgets and highly organised to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- You have experience managing people, with a focus on development, education and empowerment of team members
- Extensive experience with planning, running and growing large-scale PPC accounts via AdWords, Bing Ads, and via third party big management platforms
- In-depth practical experience in an array of leading industry tools across, adobe analytics, SA60, feed management and data visualisation (data studios/ Power BI)
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
As well as a great work-life balance, lots of on-the-job training and endless opportunities, click here for more detail on our benefits: https://sainsburys.jobs/working-for-us/benefits/