We are launching our new Digital Marketing Team and want you to be part of that!
Are you a digital specialist looking for a new opportunity or looking to move in-house?
By Leading our new and exciting in-house digital marking team, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful and interesting campaigns, which make a real difference to those who have served our nation.
You’ll be involved in our annual national brand campaign, the online elements of the nationwide Poppy Appeal every November, as well as campaigns promoting fundraising products and targeting the Armed Forces community we support.
The Royal British Legion can offer fantastic benefits, a relaxed style and flexible working.
We are the country’s largest Armed Forces charity, with 210,000 members, 50,000 volunteers and a network of partners and charities; helping us give support wherever and whenever it’s needed.
But to be successful, we first have to reach our future supporters, volunteers and service users. This is where you will come in. As a key member of our revamped in-house digital marketing team, you will be a critical part of making sure we reach the right people with the right message, right when they need it.
This newly empowered team will take control of delivery of all paid digital and SEO for the whole business, and as a member you would have autonomy over your area and processes, direct access to the business units funding the campaigns and to senior management making the decisions.
Your role would be to:
- Take ownership of digital marketing strategy across the business, working with internal Directors and Executive Directors, and with our single media buying agency to align high-level strategies with day-to-day execution.
- Lead a team of three hands-on, in-house specialists in paid search, organic search and paid social, working with agencies to deliver digital display / programmatic and affiliates.
- Put in place a robust approach to the entire digital marketing ecosystem, prioritising data, measurement, controlled experimentation and optimisation.
- Put the user first, prioritising audience planning and customer journeys above internal organisational structures; working with business units to help them understand the benefits of a holistic approach.
- Guide the business as it grapples with the challenges of the future, the shifting digital landscape and the expectations of younger, more digitally-connected demographics.
- Do all this in an environment where your efforts are valued, your quality of life is respected, and your efforts are, ultimately, delivered in aid of a worthy cause.
This role will involve, hybrid working, travelling on some days (minimum of 2 per week) to our Head Office, which is located at Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA and working from home on the other days
About the Royal British Legion
Across the country, in every city and on every street, RBL is there to support our Armed Forces community.
It’s this mission, this scale, this challenge and the values we all live by, that makes the RBL such a fulfilling place to thrive.
If you want to give your days meaning. To put your passion into a role with real impact. To support people and be supported yourself. In an inclusive team that faces every challenge together. Whatever your interests and ambitions, whatever your background, we think you’ll find a role here that works for you, with career opportunities right across the UK.
We believe that the compassion, understanding, and service we show each and every individual should be reflected in the way we all support, respect, and include every individual who works with us. We want everyone involved in our work or receiving our services, to feel proud to contribute to or be part of a diverse and inclusive organisation.
We recognise that we still have a long way to go to ensure that we make the RBL a truly great and inclusive organisation to work for and be part of so we have set out our commitments to provide a clear path to deliver this ambition. We will keep listening, learning, and sharing our progress and impact.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Closing date for this role is: 28/05/2023.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.