Working at Canary Wharf Group means working for a forward thinking, collaborative team. We hire staff who strive to make a difference and achieve the highest standards. Everyone is empowered to make a difference and our ethos encourages everyone to think like an owner. Our business puts our customers and people at the heart of everything, we work to meet their needs and exceed expectations.
Our mission is to empower our people, engage our communities and create sustainable places.
Our values help us achieve exceptional results:
Excellence: Commit to achieving the best with integrity
Collaboration: Make use of our vast experience and knowledge to work effectively together
Engagement: Develop our people, our communities, our stakeholders and our suitable environment and be exceptional while respecting others
Ownership: Take responsibility and pride in what we deliver. Everyone has the opportunity to make a difference.
Innovation: Embrace change and encourage innovation
The Digital Marketing Executive will be responsible for delivery and analysis of consumer marketing campaigns, lead generation activity and content strategy and will be required to implement a two-tiered marketing strategy that includes brand and tactical marketing activities to position Canary Wharf as a vibrant mixed-use destination.
The Digital Marketing Executive will provide support to the Marketing Department in all aspects of marketing projects, organising creative campaigns and collateral that will make a difference to our success according to trends and customer requirements.
Responsibilities include day-to-day management of budgets, carrying out campaign analysis, co-ordination of annual placemaking and tactical campaigns and promotional activations, leading proactive relationships with consumer-facing departments and measuring performance.
Salary: circa £39,000 pa
- Support the Associate Director of Consumer Marketing to implement campaigns and always-on activity for Canary Wharf London to increase brand awareness and drive web traffic, newsletter sign-ups and footfall.
- Brief and manage external agencies and our in-house creative department.
- Deliver campaigns across consumer marketing channels including digital, email, events, and social platforms, to drive response from the Canary Wharf’s key audience groups.
- Management of digital marketing campaigns across multiple platforms (Google Search, Meta, Programmatic).
- Assist in developing marketing collateral (Wharf News articles, Direct Mail and ad hoc projects) and copy in conjunction with design resources, to support delivery of the marketing plan.
- Helping to identify opportunities and strategies for market growth in line with marketing objectives.
- Work with the Associate Director of Consumer Marketing to build the online strategy and platforms/channels to deliver impactful and engaging campaigns that will help to increase brand profiles in the market and drive footfall.
- Assist with the day-to-day management and development of through the line campaigns including Brand Partnerships, Paid for Social Media platforms and OOH.
- Define audience needs and translate those into content concepts for compelling digital interactions and user experience as well and end-user accessibility. Ensure interplay between textual and visual elements.
- Manage Search advertising including SEO optimisation and reporting.
- Keep abreast of new channels and emerging technologies supporting digital marketing (web, mobile, SEO)
- Work with digital agency to monitor and conduct end-user analysis, SEO research and competitor analysis on an ongoing basis.
- Manage annual marketing calendar working with in-house departments on data collection and cleanse.
- Work closely with consumer-facing marketing teams (A+E, Communications, Office, Residential, ESG and Retail) as well as the IT department to ensure digital support and deliver planned and ad hoc web based campaigns.
- Daily maintenance and monitoring of the canarywharf.com (consumer website) including content and blog updates. Ensure consumer website is up to date. Support implementing SEO, updating materials and news.
- Ensure content remains fresh and up to date (across all owned digital properties including CW APP & Website) while also maintaining continuity and overall consistency of digital content user experience (messaging, voice, and style); establish and maintain web information architecture.
- Report on digital channels activities and drive growth both in terms of reach and conversion.
- Develop, execute, and optimise email marketing campaigns for CWG to engage and nurture our audience. Manage the end-to-end process of email campaigns, from content creation, optimisation, segmentation of data to performance analysis.
- Data Ownership: Manage subscriber database using software platforms and ensure responsible and compliant handling of customer data in all digital marketing activities. Implement data protection measures and adhere to GDPR privacy regulations and collaborate with the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Information Security Team to maintain and enhance data quality whist providing supporting documentation as necessary for internal and external audits and working with the DPO to honour an individuals ‘rights to be forgotten’ requests.
- To act as initial point of contact for account queries as well as liaising with providers managing and developing the administration and review process to ensure first-class service is provided to internal and external parties.
- To prepare, input, code and obtain approval for all marketing related purchase orders and to ensure all invoices and POs correspond.
- To process supplier invoices for approval and payment.
- Support AD of Consumer Marketing with reconciliation of budgets and forecasting.
- Regular reporting and analysis of footfall data, website traffic and campaign performance
- Other duties may be reasonably requested from time to time by the Associate Director of Consumer Marketing and Director of Marketing.
What We Require of You:
- Consumer marketing experience
- Minimum of two years’ digital marketing experience
- Degree or equivalent qualifications/ experience
- Strong understanding of digital marketing channels including marketing automation, email marketing, social media, SEO and PPC
- Experienced in using email marketing systems e.g. Salesforce/ Pardot or similar
- Solid experience of digital marketing tools (Google Analytics GA4) and Microsoft Office (Excel & PowerPoint)
- Content Management System (ideally WordPress) proficiency.
- Basic HTML and CSS skills
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- Experience of effective budget management.
- Ability to deliver projects within tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively under pressure.
- Experience in managing marketing and promotions calendar.
- Ability to manage multiple projects on different timescales.
- Able to demonstrate strong planning and project management skills as well as effective communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
- A natural collaborator with a strong analytical skill
- Strong reporting and presentation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with proactive, hands-on approach.
- Good understanding of digital marketing including latest trends and best practices.
- Experience of leading or being part of a team designing, implementing, and launching marketing strategies.
- Basic Adobe Creative Suite capabilities would be an advantage.
What We Offer:
Diversity and Inclusion: We recognise the importance of embracing diverse experience, skills and perspectives at all levels and operating in an inclusive working environment, in order for everyone to reach their full potential. We also recognise that it makes business sense, since being an inclusive employer leads to better business performance and higher levels of employee engagement and satisfaction. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills and are committed to fostering a culture whereby everyone can reach their full potential.
Flexible Working: As an inclusive employer, we recognise the positive impact flexible working can have on an individual, their wellbeing, engagement and productivity. Therefore, we are open to consider flexible working arrangements, both temporary or permanent.
Learning and Development: At Canary Wharf Group, our employees receive a wide range of support to help improve their skills and achieve their career goals. We offer development opportunities through classroom and e-learning training, mentoring, cross department experience and on the job learning. We heavily invest in our staff attaining accreditations to develop existing and new skills, support chartered status, sponsorships and provide further educational opportunities which are job and business related. We never stand still and continually invest in developing skills and knowledge to ensure individual and company growth.
Other Benefits: We are committed to building a safe, happy and healthy community for our employees and we offer a comprehensive range of benefits, all designed with our employees and their wellbeing in mind. From generous pension and insurance plans, to health benefits, subsidised gym membership, store discounts and family leave, our benefits package allows our employees to choose the benefits that suit them and their individual needs.
If you are interested in joining our highly professional and skilled team for our next exciting phase of development, please complete the form on this page to apply online.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to appoint at any point.