Downtown Disney District is experiencing a multi-year, phased reimagination with new dining, entertainment, and retail locations with ongoing seasonal and special events! To support the exciting newness continuously opening at Downtown Disney District, we are looking to add a new role to our team to support the Events Planning and Social Media curation for the district.
The Digital Marketing & Events Associate Manager will drive the content curation to establish a social media presence and represent the Downtown Disney District as a brand ambassador. Additionally, this person will support on-site events and seasonal planning for priority revenue and attendance initiatives to deliver business goals.
Demonstrating critical thinking and team leadership skills, the Digital Marketing & Events Associate Manager will guide communication planning rooted in consumer insights, exhibit sound creative judgment, and drive go-to-market innovation in on-site events and seasonal offerings.
The Associate Manager will work directly with Downtown Disney Operations on Event Planning and in direct partnership with Disneyland Resort Marketing & Commercial Strategy on social content planning and capture.
This position will report to the Manager – DTD Marketing & Events.
What You Will Do
- Drive annual business results by supporting the development of events and seasonal offerings and social content curation
- Develop and secure alignment of social media content framework
- Manage the scheduling, calendar, and final approvals of all social media posts
- Act as subject matter expert on evolving social media platform functionalities and trends, particularly among younger audiences
- Aggregate and provide monthly social reporting and insights to guide forward-looking social content planning
- Support Downtown Disney’s vision, strategy, and activation prioritization with the development of events and seasonal offerings that promote Guest happiness and drive revenue
- Coordinate the ideation, planning, approvals, and execution of event and seasonal offerings
- Act as on-site contact for all Downtown Disney events and related content capture
- Build positive and effective relationships with partners across teams and varying levels
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 1 or more years of relevant experience
- Social media connoisseur who is curious and passionate about finding solutions to new and emerging communication and marketing digital mediums
- Demonstrated ability to create high-caliber social media content — including writing copy and capturing/developing assets — in a variety of formats including static posts and videos rooted in new and evolving trends
- Critical thinking and the ability to succinctly frame up a verbal or written POV that influences leaders, partners, and peers in a concise, articulate manner
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with complex data sets
- Demonstrated ability to manage an abundance of tactical work
- Demonstrated goal orientation and agile response to evolving needs
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with cross-functional partners and varying levels of management
- Computer proficiency (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Previous experience in event planning, social media marketing, marketing strategy, consumer packaged goods (CPG), advertising agency and/or brand management
- Language proficiency (Spanish preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or Equivalent
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This job is located in Anaheim, CA.
The hiring range for this position in California is $77,100.00 to $103,400.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.