- Job Reference:IdR000062964
- Date Posted:
- Recruiter:Warner Bros. Discovery
- Location:London, UK
- Job Type: Full Time
- This position has been filled
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
The WBDUK Marketing department constantly strives to create and maintain a best in class marketing function with an emphasis on lifetime value of WB content. All leadership roles within the team are tasked with driving improved cross-divisional understanding, collaboration and expertise and in delivering an integrated approach to marketing content across windows.
The Director of Digital Marketing will own and drive the digital agenda and lead the business to be at the forefront of digital and data innovation by setting a clear strategy and roadmap at a cross divisional level. They will Lead the shift of our marketing culture to a data led one and guide the Digital team in streamlining reporting and surfacing key insights that marketing teams can leverage to drive business outcome.
The post holder will drive synergies across WB UK marketing teams to increase efficiencies and business revenue and define a strategic roadmap for the development of WB’s D2C strategy. This includes the preparation for the launch of HBO Max in the UK, as well as the elevation of our CRM and 1st party data strategies.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Manage and coach three Managers and work closely with the UK Marketing and Publicity teams to shape and deliver strong digital media plans and organic campaigns.
- Be the primary lead for all key WB UK digital media partners. Define the objectives of our JBPs and identify strategic media opportunities.
- Evangelise the digital and data strategy across senior stakeholders and secure buy in on the team’s roadmap
- Lead the relationship with the media agency by defining the strategic direction and priorities for the year including fees and team structure.
- Identify opportunities to drive business revenues, generate efficiencies and streamline efforts at a cross divisional level.
- Influence and lead different stakeholders to buy into these goals
- Lead a data driven marketing strategy that encompasses not only media data, but macro data points from internal and external signals (i.e. sales, consumer behaviour). Translate this strategy into clear recommendations for the marketing teams
- Lead the company’s shift to a more direct to consumer approach
- Lead strategic partnerships with key digital vendors and major tech companies to drive new and effective marketing solutions for WB.
Qualifications & Experience…
- University degree educated or equivalent
- Extensive digital experience either within a digital media agency or client – including thorough knowledge of digital media planning and buying
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Experience in coaching and managing a team
- Solid experience in e-comm/website management and CRM
- Experience in entertainment sector or other relevant industry sector
- An outgoing, self-starter with the ability to build strong peer group relationships and proven experience of working well with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrable excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation skills.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.