So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’ve grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can for our customers and for each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do:
The Role: We are seeking a skilled and proactive Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our marketing team. You will be responsible for supporting the planning, execution, and optimisation of diverse marketing campaigns. Your goal will be to engage our audience, nurture leads, and drive conversions through various methods of communication. Responsibilities:
- Email Campaign Execution: Assist in the end-to-end execution of email marketing campaigns, including building and scheduling email workflows, setting up A/B testing, and segmenting email lists based on audience characteristics.
- Content Development: Collaborate with the content team to create compelling and engaging email content that aligns with marketing objectives and adheres to best practices.
- Marketing Automation: Work with marketing automation tools (e.g., Mail-chimp, HubSpot, or similar) to set up automated email campaigns, lead nurturing sequences, and triggered emails based on user actions.
- List Management: Maintain email subscriber lists, ensuring accuracy, compliance with data protection regulations (GDPR), and optimal segmentation for targeted campaigns.
- Performance Tracking: Monitor and analyse key email marketing metrics, such as open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates, and deliverability. Provide regular reports and insights to improve campaign performance.
- Optimisation and Testing: Continuously explore opportunities for improving email performance. Conduct A/B tests on subject lines, content, and calls-to-action to enhance engagement and conversion rates.
- Email Personalisation: Implement dynamic content and personalisation strategies to deliver customised email experiences that resonate with different audience segments.
- Compliance: Ensure all email marketing campaigns comply with relevant regulations and follow best practices to maintain a positive sender reputation.
- Market Research: Stay updated on industry trends, email marketing best practices, and emerging technologies to bring innovative ideas to the team.
- Experience with email marketing in the digital space.
- Knowledge of advanced email marketing strategies, such as drip campaigns, lead nurturing, and dynamic content
Some people; for example women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet all of the job requirements.
Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might be the right candidate after all. Our So Energist’s and their unique skills and perspectives are what make us great.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications etc
- Proven experience in marketing, preferably in a B2B or B2C context.
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms and marketing automation tools (e.g., Mail-chimp, HubSpot, etc.).
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS for email template customisation.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and draw actionable insights for campaign improvements.
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail to ensure error-free and compelling email content.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A creative thinker with a customer-centric approach to email marketing.
- Starting salary: £30,000 – £40,000 DOE (+ up to 10% performance based bonus)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Personal Learning & Development Budget
- Hybrid Remote Working
- Great reward and recognition
- Join a unique culture that embraces people’s ideals and fosters collaboration across the business
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Access to Perk-box+ including the Wellness Hub and Salary Sacrifice Tech Purchase scheme
- Life assurance 4x base salary
At So Energy, our employees are just as important to us as our customers. We will provide training and support your development throughout your career.
We celebrate every So Energist, exactly as they are and we welcome every application, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socioeconomic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
If you’d like to find out more about diversity and inclusion at So Energy, get in touch. If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attach an up-to-date version of your CV.
Please note applications for this position will close on 11/08/23. Best of luck!