The House of Commons is a unique and exciting place to work right at the heart of the UK’s thriving democratic system.
Behind the scenes, the House of Commons Service is made up of more than 3,000 employees who support and facilitate the smooth day to day running of the House. They provide professional services to Members of Parliament, their staff, and the wider parliamentary community.
In addition to your salary, we offer an attractive range of benefits including:
- 30 days’ annual leave (increasing to 35 days after first full leave year).
- Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%.
- Access to training and development.
- Flexible working.
- Interest free season ticket loan and bicycle loan.
You will be working in the Select Committee Team (SCT), supporting the work of the House of Commons select committees. Select committees are cross-party committees of MPs who examine government policy and spending.
This post is part of SCT Communications, a team of communications, digital and engagement professionals providing a dedicated service to around 30 select committees.
As a passionate and creative communicator with exceptional customer service, you will be the Digital Account Manager for approximately six select committees. Working closely with committee teams and their respective Media and Communications and Engagement Officers, you will be responsible for providing advice on how to reach target audiences online. Working with other media specialists, you will deliver integrated plans, often taking the lead on digital campaigns.
Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
- Day to day account management of several select committee digital channels, commissioning, creating posting, monitoring and optimising content and campaigns to driving positive and meaningful engagement.
- Managing the content calendar for your committees. Identifying strategic and reactive opportunities for amplifying messages and growing audiences through proactively following committee business.
- Helping develop and refine SCT’s policies and approach to its use of social media and channels.
- Conducting regular evaluation and debrief exercises, reporting the impact of our work to committee teams and interpreting data to create actionable insights, and sharing lessons learned across SCT’s communications team.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Proven experience of successfully producing and commissioning high-quality, audience-focused digital content that is clear, compelling, accessible and innovative. This includes applying key principles of content design and digital best practice and trends to reach a diverse range of audiences.
- Excellent collaboration and customer service skills, with proven experience of proactively initiating and sustaining positive working relationships with stakeholders and colleagues of varying levels of seniority including, handling difficult situations confidently and persuasively, and assessing and managing risk in a political and high-profile environment.
- Strong decision-making, time-management and people-management skills, with experience of effectively managing and prioritise multiple work streams and the ability to work proactively and independently to identify and resolve problems.
- Strong analytical skills and experience of producing evaluations and interpreting data to optimise and measure the impact of your work.
Next Steps and Additional Information:
- Application Form – If you would like to apply for this role, please submit an application providing evidence against criteria 1-4 in the job description.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found in the job description.
Please note that most job offers will be made at the minimum of the salary range, other than in exceptional circumstances.