These are exciting times for the charity and we now have an excellent opportunity for a proactive and professional team player with outstanding organisational and written and verbal English skills to join the busy Fundraising department, as a Copywriter.
Location: Remote (occasional onsite attendance required for team meetings in Devon)
Hours: Full time, working 35 hours per week, 08.30-16.30, Monday – Friday
As Copywriter, you will gather and develop written content for use across all fundraising campaigns and communication channels, working on a range of creative content, with a particular focus on our philanthropic work. In addition, you will work alongside the content team to deliver general fundraising copy and content, including bi-annual adoption newsletters, warm mailings, lottery newsletters and thank you letters.
Your principal duties and responsibilities will include:
- Generating original and creative written content for use across a range of projects and campaigns.
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders to identify story ideas that grab the attention of the target audience and can be developed into creative content for use across multiple communication channels and fundraising campaigns.
- Developing and delivering effective messaging that inspires action among existing supporters and drives the acquisition of new donkey devotees.
- Employing campaign integration techniques to work across varied channels and audiences with aligned messaging to deliver greater impact to new and existing supporters.
- Conducting research and share insights and keeping up to date with market trends and audience motivations in order to inform the tone and style of supporter materials.
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders to identify story ideas that grab the attention of the target audience and which can be developed into multi-channel creative content.
- Brainstorming concepts with other members of the Fundraising, Content, Digital and Brand teams, and presenting initial ideas to relevant managers and stakeholders with a view to developing them into workable concepts.
As Copywriter, you will have a HND / Foundation Degree in marketing or related subjects, professional journalism qualification or relevant experience of writing compelling fundraising copy within the charity sector.
- Able to write creative, engaging copy to tight deadlines.
- Experience of working in a Fundraising environment.
- Proven content writing skills and a firm understanding of storytelling.
- Versatile, with a solid understanding of brand and tone of voice.
- Excellent proof-reading skills and an eye for detail.
- A desire to take personal ownership and responsibility for your work.
You can be part of an evolving program of change taking place within a leading charity working in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With amazing benefits and opportunities to develop you career, you can really make a difference in a fulfilling and rewarding role.
- Competitive pension
- Life Assurance
- 31 Days holiday (including Bank holidays), rising to 34 will each full year of service
- Wellbeing Team
- Recorded Pilates classes
- Long Service Awards
- Healthshield Plan
- Free Parking
- Subsidised restaurant and shop
About the Organisation
The charity is one of the UK’s largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide. They are working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
“The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
Our client is a Disability Confident Employer. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.