Book of the Month is hiring for highly creative and commercially oriented people who enjoy ideating, managing or producing content with the goal of driving business outcomes. These are positions across our Creative, Content and Marketing teams who work to develop, manage, and launch content that will increase brand awareness, engagement, and convert new members.
If you identify with any of the following, we’d like to hear from you.
- You run a BookTok or Bookstagram that you’re really proud of and love reading up-market literary fiction.
- You are highly creative and love ideating, brainstorming, and pitching many original content ideas.
- You manage a content development program, create and maintain schedules and calendars, and wrangle partners and assets.
- You are excited about taking an experimental approach to brand content, from ideating to photographing to writing captivating social captions and audience engagement copy.
- You can design well and enjoy creating across mediums.
- You enjoy working *with* creatives to help unlock business goals and are excited by using data to optimize creative.
Success in these positions will be achieved by approaching work in these ways:
- Acting with urgency
- Communicating proactively and anticipating questions
- Creating and maintaining trackers to capture information flows
- Asking questions and seeking guidance for prioritization
- Embracing non-linear thinking and processes
What You’ll Do…
- Plan and execute team-specific processes in a high quality and reliable manner.
- Create and maintain project plans and serve as a strong project manager for your work and beyond, working cross-functionally and collaborating with other stakeholders effectively to complete goals.
- Proactively communicate conflicting priorities between your responsibilities; seek to explicitly gain alignment with manager and other stakeholders.
- Over time, contribute to and optimize various team processes with a focus on efficiency.
- Execute other special projects as instructed.
What You Should Have…
- Strong history of academic and/or extracurricular excellence in an academic, professional or extracurricular setting.
- Strong work ethic; ability to learn quickly, take on new challenges, and apply feedback.
- A can-do attitude with an excitement to jump into new projects, tasks or responsibilities.
- Project Management and organizational skills.
- An interest in eCommerce, Direct to Consumer, or the book business and a strong desire to grow your professional skillet and career.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Grit and perseverance in the face of challenges, and an appetite for a wide variety of learnings and work experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Fan of new release fiction or a current or former Book of the Month member.