- Date Posted:
- Recruiter:The Donkey Sanctuary
- Location:Sidmouth, UK
- Specialism:Brand / SEO / Social Media
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary:£48,078 GBP / Year
- Applications have closed
The Donkey Sanctuary is an international animal welfare organisation, offering care and protection to donkeys and mules worldwide. We are working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering, and their contribution to humanity is fully valued. We are achieving this by transforming the quality of life for donkeys, mules and people worldwide through greater understanding, collaboration and support, and by promoting lasting, mutually life-enhancing relationships.
These are exciting times for the charity, and we have an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated and creative professional with outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills to join our busy Communications Department. As Communications Campaigns Manager you will identify opportunities to create, project plan and deliver innovative integrated marketing communications campaigns that support our strategic organisational priorities and engage relevant audiences with our work. A specific emphasis will be on brand building and providing experience in and leadership of digital communications campaign planning and execution.
- Educated to degree level and/or relevant experience of working in a similar role in marketing communications, media relations or campaigning.
- Demonstrable experience of campaign management; able to plan and deliver successful multi-channel communications to time and within budget according to key objectives.
- Expert knowledge of digital media channels (owned, earned and paid) and online news broadcasting and an understanding of how to plan and manage these strategically.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail whilst managing a number of conflicting demands and
- Experienced in offering counsel and communications advice to a wide range of staff including senior management and regional and in-country colleagues.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills.
- Proven experience of working with the media at international level.
About the role:
Your principal duties and responsibilities will include –
- Contributing to the development of compelling propositions and messaging frameworks and leading multidisciplinary project teams drawn from across the organisation and designed specifically for each campaign’s requirements.
- Providing an up to date working knowledge and understanding of different channels (on and offline) and media strategy and buying.
- Working with the digital team to plan digital marketing elements of campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media, digital PR, community management and display advertising.
- Briefing and overseeing the work of internal and external agencies, such as designers, digital and social media teams and animators who will deliver much of the campaign activity.
- Delivering regular reports of campaign results, including web analysis and evaluation of KPIs.
- Collecting and using data to inform new campaigns and the evaluation of existing campaigns.
- Working with the PR team to respond to press/media enquiries and proactively identify publicity opportunities.
What we offer in return:
Based in Sidmouth, Devon – an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – this is a full-time, permanent contract starting as soon as possible, working 35 hours per week, 08.30-16.30, Monday-Friday.
The working pattern for this role will combine onsite and home working under our guiding principles for such roles, with onsite attendance currently anticipated to be 2 days per month.
- Competitive pension.
- Life assurance.
- 31 days holiday (including Bank holidays), rising to 34 with each full year of service.
- Wellbeing team.
- Recorded Pilates classes.
- Long service awards.
- Healthshield plan –
- Reimbursement of some medical expenses up to the specified limits per membership.
- Offers, discounts and cashback on shopping, travel and entertainment from participating outlets.
- Free parking.
- Subsidised restaurant and shop.
Closing date for completed applications: Sunday 21 May 2023.
The Donkey Sanctuary is a Disability Confident Employer.
The Donkey Sanctuary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults), and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
Please note: The Guaranteed interview scheme is only applicable to candidates who consider themselves to have a disability applying for roles based within the United Kingdom.