The Eden Project is an educational charity and social enterprise. Our global mission is to create a movement that builds relationships between people and the natural world to demonstrate the power of working together for the benefit of all living things.
Against the context of the growing urgency of the planetary emergency, Eden’s voice has never been more important. Looking ahead, as we expand our reach locally, nationally and globally, we must prioritise and focus on where our voice will deliver the greatest impact and enable agency amongst our audiences, to tackle the biggest issues the planet has ever faced.
The Chief Marketing Officer will play a critical role in ensuring that our marketing function step changes to support Eden’s plans for expansion to become multi-site, delivering visitor growth intelligently and profitably, through an agile but fully accountable approach to marketing investment focused predominantly on digital channels.
The CMO will continue to lead and embed an audience focused approach to our marketing and communications, ensuring that we inspire existing and new audiences to support us with their time, money and voice, and unite them around a clear understanding of what Eden stands for. Eden’s recent rebrand sets the stage for Eden to fully own its position within the environmental sector; you will have ownership of the Eden brand and how it is managed across all areas.
Sitting within the Brand, Audiences and Digital job family, the CMO reports to Eden Project’s Group CEO and is an integral part of the Enabling Leadership Team. You will manage the Marketing, Digital, eCommerce, Group Sales, Communications and Insight teams and will provide structure, strategy and influence for future local teams across new markets and regions as Eden undergoes expansion.
Our leadership team is driving a new and ambitious strategy, and we aim to make good on our promise to change the world; as Eden’s CMO, you will be an integral part of our team and sustainable growth strategy.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior marketing role (senior leadership level) in a consumer brand-led (B2C) organization. Chartered Membership of an appropriate professional body such as Chartered Institute of Marketing
- High level of commercial experience and proven track record of revenue generation in large organisations. High levels of budget accountability (£2m+)
- Director level track record of brand building and the full spectrum of marketing activities: digital, advertising and media buying, product development etc.
- Outstanding negotiation, communication, persuasion and project management skill
- Proven track record of managing and advising stakeholders from Senior management peers to non-Exec Boards
- Deep understanding of brands and how they affect consumer behaviours
- Experience in managing and motivating multi-discipline teams
The successful candidate will need to have significant experience working at a strategic level in a similar customer focussed organisation. This isn’t limited to the visitor attraction sector, but you will have the ability to ensure mission and purpose are seamlessly integrated into Eden’s marketing strategy.
We are committed to proactively seeking greater diversity across our organisation to reflect the communities that we engage with, and to provide a broader range of views and perspectives to our decisions and welcome applications from under-represented groups
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, we encourage confidential conversations with our recruitment partners Public Leaders Appointments in advance of your application: Anna Jay, MD: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07904 236 348
Please download a copy of the attached brief for further information and full details of how to submit a formal application.
(Please note that applications must include a CV and cover letter as per instructions. Applications with a CV alone will not be considered.)
- Closing date for applications: Midday, Thursday 4th January 2024
- Initial Interviews (online): 17th / 18th / 19th January 2024
- Interviews & assessments (in Cornwall): Date TBC