In this role you will be responsible for:
- Contribute to development of 3-year brand strategy
- Develop strategic growth plans to drive market share and financial targets.
- Plan media, pricing, merchandising and promotional strategy
- Own end-to-end media plan process from media agency briefing to approval requests
- Collaborate on influencer strategy with in-house Influencer Team
- Keep track of weekly market share (NPD), rankings at retailers and POS data (internal system)
- Special focus on tracking online channel sales, social trends
- Prepare brand reviews decks for management
- Create 360 launch plans
- Update launch calendar and launch reports on a weekly basis
- Work in close partnership with Global Marketing teams (based in New York City) to supporting global in the development of long term strategic direction including innovation pipeline
- Perform competitive analyses
- Constantly analyze risks and opportunities
- Track revenue forecast and marketing spend budget (A&CP) vs. actuals and plan
- Proficient P&L management and ownership
- Ensure close financial monitoring
- Manage all forecasting (saleable and non-saleable items), enter forecast in system for initiatives based on benchmark, trends and retailer feedback. Update forecast as needed.
- Work with Demand Planning and Sales Operations teams to ensure accuracy in forecasts and calendarization of saleable and promotional items in order to achieve quarterly profit targets.
- Keep SKU assortment lists by retailer or channel updated and communicate with cross-functional teams accordingly.
- Provide SKU logistics information to cross-functional teams as requested.
- Monitor inventory levels.
Merchandising (Online, Brick and Mortar)
- Work with local and global merchandising teams on strategy as well as instore and online execution.
- Ensure brand cohesiveness across all brick & mortar doors despite customization by channel as well as online.
- Ensure brand guidelines are respected in all instore merchandising executions (permanent and temporary) as well as online.
- Sign-off on all visual merchandising concepts and renderings.
- Create, review and approve all planograms.
- Ensure perfect in-store and online execution of the brand.
- Enable the field sales and education teams for engaging skincare instore events.
- Monitor online stores and B&M stores on a regular basis (following company’s health and safety guidelines).
- Update sell books.
- Update creative assets library (pack shots, product descriptions, mock ups, online assets, visual merchandising guidelines, education guidelines).
- Plan trade activation with sales (sell-in, sell-thru teams) and channel strategy teams.
- Create and update retailer presentations as required.
- Present novelties and brand strategy to retailers and business partners.
- Collaborate on Ecommerce strategy (Retailer.com, Pure Players).
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- 10+ years relevant work experience in marketing
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and an MBA is preferred.
- Knowledge in all areas of marketing (programs development, media planning including digital, market analysis, market research, P&L management, marketing plans development…) and project management skills.
- Very strong commercial mindset and business acumen with deep analytical skills.
- Very strong attention to detail: the ideal candidate will love digging into details
- Strong knowledge of US beauty & skincare environment – luxury in particular, (competitive brands, retail environment, digital activations).
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- NPD Market Research, MS Office (proficient in Excel and PowerPoint).
What we offer
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse environment with a team of professionals who are passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way.
Coty’s global omni-working policy provides the option to work up to 50% of your month remotely. We believe that a more flexible philosophy of remote working will give everyone the freedom to choose what works for their individual circumstances and empower them to always perform at their best.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
Coty is deeply committed to Changing the Conversation around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in an effort to create a more open, inclusive, and diverse workplace where all employees can be their authentic self.