- Date Posted:
- Recruiter:Ambition Institute
- Location:London, UK
- Specialism:Brand / Content Marketing
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary:£31,050 GBP / Year
- Bonus/Benefits:£3,000 LW (if applicable)
- June 7, 2023
Who are Ambition Institute?
A great teacher changes the future every day. Especially for children who have had a tough start in life, a teacher can be the critical factor in their success.
At Ambition Institute we help schools tackling educational disadvantage to keep getting better and help their teachers and school leaders to become more expert over time.
That’s how we’ll make sure every child gets a great education and the best possible start in life.
- We train teachers and leaders at all levels to get better at the things that make the biggest difference: what you teach, how you teach it, and how you create the conditions for schools to thrive.
- We share what works. Everyone can benefit from evidence of how great teaching and leadership can improve schools and change lives, so we connect people to the latest research and best practice.
- We champion every teacher and school leader’s potential to develop, as the driving force for sustainable school improvement.
What would we like…?
Its a great time to join the Brand and Content team as we develop our new content strategy and roll out our recent brand refresh. We’re looking for a dedicated and passionate person to join us on a permanent basis who has experience with brand management and running social media accounts.
We live our values of ‘keep getting better’ so you’ll be encouraged and empowered to ensure our content, channels and team make the best impact possible. Brand and social media will be your key focus, alongside the wider development and championing of content.
We would like you to:
- Be the first port of call for advice on using our brand.
- Quality assure internally and externally designed assets and publications.
- Be a strategic thinker who can translate brilliant ideas into high quality written and multimedia content.
- Lead on our social media improvement plan including developing our processes and policies
- Collaborate with teachers, school leaders and education experts to create and share content that gets more people on to our programmes.
- Build an understanding of our brand; and help the education sector to understand the value of high quality, evidence-based professional development.
Working in a hybrid way, you’ll be attached to either our Birmingham, London or Manchester office and will report to the Associate Director of Brand and Content. In line with our current ways of working, you’ll be expected to be in the office at least 1 day a month, in addition to team days and this may be reviewed by Ambition. You’ll work with a well-respected, friendly and fast-growing marketing and communications team.
What’s in it for you….?
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays and ‘winter shut down’ between Christmas and New Year.
- Professional development for all staff.
- Employer pension contribution of 11%.
- Agile, hybrid working culture, so you can manage when and where you work.
- Staff affinity networks that help keep equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- Blind recruitment process to ensure equality and fairness in our hiring.
- Enhanced maternity pay after a year’s service.
- Shared parental leave package.
- Access to free, confidential 24/7 wellbeing and support line.
- Comfortable and collaborative workspaces in the city centres of Manchester, Birmingham and London
- Work-from-home technology package to support hybrid working.
- Interest free season ticket / bike loans.
We don’t expect the person we hire to have all of the following, but this should give you a sense of what would enable you to thrive in this role and in our team:
YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF:
- You care deeply about educational disadvantage and being part of an organisation that challenges inequality.
- You have a good work ethic and strive to make a difference in the job you do.
- You always give maximum effort to understand and meet the needs of our partners and participants.
- You always have a great attitude so we “can do” for all our colleagues, partners and participants.
- You are open to feedback and learning because we want to keep getting better.
- You work with your initiative to bring new ideas and a fresh perspective.
- You are well organised and can prioritise work that will have the greatest impact.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT AMBITION IF…
- You want a career with a person-centred organisation with a cause at its heart.
- You have a collaborative work ethos, bring warmth and good humour to work and constructive outlook to every situation.
- You enjoy working in a fast-moving workplace, with a great support structure around you.
- Want flexibility in how you work – splitting your time between one of our offices and remote working and managing your own working patterns to get the job done.
Applications will be considered for all office locations.
How to apply
All applications must be received by the closing date, 9am on 7 June 2023. Interviews will take place on the 13 and 14 June 2023.
To apply for this role, or any of our other vacancies or for any questions or queries please visit our website.
Equality and diversity matters to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.