- Job Reference:JR5571
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Applications have closed
Dyson has ambitions to grow its business substantially in SEA, especially in emerging markets such as Malaysia, Indonesia & the Philippines. You will play a key role in enabling growth in these emerging markets by owning the paid digital strategy to build the brand, categories and the region’s burgeoning eCommerce business.
Specific to Dyson’s plans to grow its online business, you will work closely with distributors and the regional eCommerce Manager to deliver on monthly targets by maximizing the opportunity within priority channels. These Include Paid Search & Shopping, and Retargeting strategies on Social and the Google tech stack.
Dyson is a family owned technology company with over 7,000 people globally – a third of whom are engineers and scientists. We are growing fast. Research, Design and Development is the heart of Dyson products. Our people are focused on enabling hardware and software to work together, developing intelligent machines which understand and react to their environment to deliver superior performance. To this end, we invest over £7m per week into research and development and have over 200 live technology projects as well as 50 active research programmes with 40 universities. We plan to spend £100m over the next three years on external technology investments and have pledged to invest £1bn in the development of next generation battery technology. There is plenty to talk about.
Dyson has set a regional office for Southeast Asia in Singapore. The Singapore office provides the vision and strategy for Dyson’s business in Southeast Asia, covering key markets such as Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand, and growth/new markets such as Philippines, Vietnam and Indonesia.
Dyson has ambitions to grow its business substantially in SEA. The incumbent will play a key role in enabling the continuous growth of the market by owning the paid digital strategy to build the brand, categories, and the market’s burgeoning eCommerce business. Depending on experience, this role may have a focus on SG, MY, ID or PH.
About the Role
Specific to Dyson’s plans to grow its online business, you will work closely with the regional eCommerce Manager to deliver on monthly targets by maximizing the opportunity within priority channels. These include Paid Search & Shopping, and Retargeting strategies on Social and the Google tech stack.
- Working with Dyson’s media buying agency and category managers to develop robust through-the-funnel media plans that meet clearly defined KPIs, from awareness to conversion.
- Test new and existing digital platforms to ensure that we fully maximizing opportunities present in the market.
- Working collaboratively with the Digital Analytics team to ensure these plans are developed with a keen understanding of media and audience performance and insights. Post campaign, analyse the effect the digital plans have on onsite metrics (traffic, bounce rates, conversion rates etc), and work with the agency to make adjustments to the plan as required.
- Work with creative agencies to ensure timely delivery of campaign assets per existing media agency SLAs.
Forecasting and traffic for eCommerce
- Work closely with our eCommerce Manager and agency to build monthly forecasts and traffic plans which will allow the business to meet its targets across Dyson.com.sg and key marketplaces.
- Daily trading and review of media with the aim of optimizing channels, where possible.
- Align with agencies and Google to ensure that we are exploring new opportunities to maximize returns. Test relevant alphas/betas and work with the relevant local / global partners to ensure that projects are implemented in a timely fashion.
Re-targeting and other ‘in market’ audience activity
- Work with our media agency partner and Centre of Excellence (COE) team to construct a re-targeting strategy that delivers a positive ROI.
- Take learnings from other Dyson markets and apply them if applicable.
- Execute and showcase the insights from the recently identified ‘in market’ audience test with Google / YT. Optimise this over the quarter with a view to making this activity ROI positive.
- Over the course of 2022 determine what the optimum message mix has been driving to drive online sales vs. Dyson product message
Fulfil other duties as required
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Fix things that you can see need fixing.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviours
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field required
- 5+ years digital marketing experience in Singapore or SEA required; both agency and in-house experience with a strong consumer multi-national brand will be ideal
- Expertise in performance driven marketing a must
Skills and Competencies
- Passionate about the digital world, social media, eCommerce, and the opportunities they bring
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal with ability to write copy
- Up-to-date knowledge on digital trends and social media platforms
- Demonstrated strategic & analytical capabilities
- Delivery focused, and prepared to roll up your sleeves to make things happen
- Self-starter with lots of initiative; ability to manage multiple stakeholders & secure buy-in
- Enjoys working in a fast paced & dynamic environment
In addition, to be successful in Dyson, most people would invariably have:
- Understanding and passion for Dyson technology, design and engineering and a sense of what makes Dyson and its people tick.
- Ability to inspire and manage large team, with varying complex challenges, spread across geographies and time zones.
- Calm under pressure, resilient and with a track-record of good judgement, and an ability to get things done.
- Unafraid to challenge, be challenged, and ask/answer difficult questions.
- Willingness to admit when they are wrong and accept an alternative strategy.
- Tenacity and persistence in pursing answers to problems and comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- An ability to influence at the highest levels through clear, informed and logical argument and discussion, tempered by a sense of humour
- The utmost discretion: tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential issues and situations.
- Cultural awareness and experience of the nuances of working in a Southeast Asian context.
- Fastidious in organisation and with vision and purposes as well as an eye for the detail.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.