- Date Posted:
- Location:United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary:£30,000 - £35,000 GBP / Year
Hallam is an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Nottingham but with a national team. We’re super proud to say we’ve recently been awarded Sunday Times top 100 places to work, an award we’ve worked incredibly hard to achieve. Our commitment to making your working environment the most rewarding, progressive and fun as it can be drives this. We truly believe everyone should have the opportunity to be happy at work. Work should exist to make home life better, not the other way round.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our growing client services team! As an account manager at Hallam, you will be required to create long-term, trusting relationships with our clients and help them achieve their digital marketing goals. Your role will be to oversee and retain a portfolio of assigned accounts, develop new business from these accounts and ensure your accounts remain profitable.
- Manage a portfolio of clients through the customer journey (from onboarding to offboarding) to retain and grow long-lasting and profitable customer relationships
- Own the client relationship and act as a client ambassador within the agency, championing the achievement of their business goals and Hallam OKR’s / objectives
- Work with the Account Director to create and execute against annual Strategic Account Reviews, briefing the squads on the vision for the account and gaining their buy-in
- Consistently deliver against the Brilliant Basics to ensure the agency provides the highest standards of client experience within the assigned portfolio, and drives forward process / behavioural changes to improve client experience where necessary
- Ensures appropriate depth of knowledge across the client’s’ industry trends + business challenges, and shares this knowledge with internal teams too
- Takes ownership of client briefs and ensures brief is upheld to the highest standards
- Identify areas of opportunity within portfolio and manage sale through to close to meet the existing business sales target
- Negotiating contracts and fees with client stakeholders, with the support of the Account Director
- Works closely with the CS team to ensure revenue gaps are filled through selling into assigned portfolio
- Works alongside strategy and specialist teams to develop comprehensive client digital strategies and quarterly plans
- Orchestrates specialist digital teams to deliver high-quality work
- Accountability over client facing materials i.e. onboarding documentation, performance reports, QBR’s, pitch decks – works with the teams to complete and ensures delivery to the highest of standards
- First point of escalation for client feedback, issues or complaints and escalates to AD / Head of AM / CS Director when appropriate
- Responsible for continuous improvement of Hallam’s client experience and commercial success through accountability over agreed internal quarterly initiatives
Experience and qualifications
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in an account management role, or similar
- Industry experience with broad digital marketing knowledge
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- A proven track record in successful client and team relationship building
- Strong professional communications skills with the ability to present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including executive and C-suite
- Exceptional organisation, attention to detail and time management skills, enabling you to manage a broad portfolio of clients and a busy schedule
- Enthusiasm and the confidence to own the role, and grow in a thriving agency
- A team player who will be able to build positive internal relationships with the client services and delivery teams
- Ability to adjust well to feedback and changing priorities
What is it like working at Hallam?
Whilst every agency under the sun seems to offer fruit at the office and office dogs these days (of which we do) we’re proud to offer plenty of other benefits:
- A progressive agency that is driven by its people and values, not just profit
- Company bonus scheme
- Quarterly retros where your voice is genuinely heard and changes are made – this is your opportunity to make a difference to your place of work.
- Unlimited remote work policy*
- Generous and continuous training and learning programmes, both individually agreed by your manager and company-wide programmes.
- Wellbeing and mental health programmes including counselling
- 2 days per month of ‘Thrive Time’ – this is your personal development time you can spend on anything you want. Want to focus on innovation? Volunteer for a charity? Enroll on a CIM or MBA? You’ll have the time to do this.
- Volunteering scheme for local or national charities
- Financial planning and help
- Extended compassionate leave
- Subsidised travel (remember travel?)
- Regular team events and celebrations (probably best to give you the full details in your interview)
- Latest Apple MacBook Pro equipment (or equivalent for you Microsoft heathens)
*Based on our 3 principles: Work from anywhere, Freedom to choose and Cultural Unity. We believe everyone has the right to work from wherever they want. This choice will always lay with the employee and not the employer. We hire the best and trust you to manage and deliver your own work. Whether you are 100% remote, hybrid or come into our Nottingham office every day, every Hallamer is an equally important part of our culture.