UI/UX Designer - Global blue chip organisation
Reading - £40k - £60k per annum
**Must have German fluency**
With Operations across 40 countries in Europe, over 10,000 employees, 152 production facilities
and over £2bn revenue, this global blue chip firm are a digital e-commerce enterprise looking to continue their huge digital transformation.
Based out of Reading, The overall remit of the designer is to ensure that the organisation optimally applies modern technology to evolve its business through a set of technology products by providing first-class engagement inside and outside the company. The designer will be working alongside the product owner and software development team to develop user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) designs for multi-platform products.
The role reports to the Process and Experience Architect.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineers
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive-level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Deep dive into existing user interactions and evaluate feedback
Knowledge & Experience Required
- 3+ years of experience in UI/UX design working on digital ecommerce platforms
- UI/UX problem solving skills supported by a strong portfolio
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and sitemaps
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, invision and/or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems like Sitecore, WordPress and Drupal.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Up-to-date with the latest UI/UX trends, techniques, and technologies
- Ability to present your designs and sell design solutions to various stakeholders
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Must be Fluent in English and fluency in German would be highly beneficial.
- Dynamic and agile thinker and problem solver with a creative, innovative approach and high level of empathy
- Ability to develop trusted relationships inside and outside the company
- Strong market, business and commercial awareness combined with pragmatic technical knowledge.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high commitment, determination, resilience as well as quality and cost awareness
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal, combined with the ability to work across diverse culture
More details available upon application