We are looking for a talented, experienced and proven UX Designer to join our growing team in Manchester.
As our UX Designer, you'll work directly with senior stakeholders to define the design of industry-changing products. This is a hands on role where you will be given scope to use all your digital design knowledge and skills to shape ground breaking user experiences.
Our ideal UX Designer will have a real passion for digital design with a heavy emphasis on UI and UX is a must, as you will own all facets of UX design. Creating high fidelity wireframes, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps and prototypes.
What we can offer you:
- Up to £60,000 per annum
- 33 days holidays including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Westfield Healthcare
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Friendly work environment
- Zest - an events club run by staff for the staff
What you will do:
- Leading user research and usability testing
- Defining user flows, domain maps, personas, and building a UX style guide
- Translating user research findings into actionable design principles and working with product managers and designers to implement best practices
- You will help guide a user-centred design approach, perform user research, wireframe new products, designs and test prototypes, and apply your mark across web and mobile channels
What you will gain:
- A satisfying mission, working to make selecting & purchasing financial products more straightforward and fairer
- A career within the fast paced and fast evolving financial technology sector
- The benefits and culture you'd expect from a progressive and fast growing financial services business
Our ideal UX Designer will have:
- 5+ years of experience designing or directing visual user interfaces for web pages and/or native mobile apps
- Good understanding of user research methods and excellent prototyping skills
- Demonstrable UX skills with a strong portfolio demonstrating wireframes, user flows, and research
- Experience in UI and interaction design, and is constantly up-to-speed on current UX design principles and UI design patterns
- The ability to apply and explain strategic business thinking to design decision making
- A knowledge of and/or ability to learn tools like balsamic, azure, muse, sketch, proto.io, etc.
- A solid understanding of the practice and principles of responsive design, knowledge of the capabilities of CSS, and an awareness of cross platform issues
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, having no problem going from manager to user to engineer and back again.
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to take constructive criticism
- Experience in Agile development processes
- Great self-management skills and thrives in a collaborative team environment
If you are looking for your next challenge as our UX Designer, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status