Head of Marketing
Location: Leicester - LE19 1SU
Salary: £55k+ DOE
EmploymentStatus: Full-Time, Permanent
Why do we want you?
We want you because you're an experience Senior Marketing Professional who is looking for the next step in a role where they can really make a difference and shape the future of the organisation. We have ambitious growth targets so are looking for someone to help develop the strategy for success.
If you are an enthusiastic, client-centric marketing leader with strong analytical skills and experience of successful brand development in professional services, we would love to hear from you.
Mercia (part of Wilmington plc Professional Division) is one of the leading providers of training and support services to the UK accountancy profession, working with over 8000 firms nationwide.
You will join our team as we consolidate our position as the market leading provider of training, support and promote services to accountancy practices and finance teams in UK. In 2018 Mercia merged with SWAT and we are looking for a Head of Marketing who can drive our client retention and new client acquisition activities across our newly combined client base.
Main Purpose of Role
You will be joining the newly formed Commercial Division at Mercia and have the chance to lead our new customer experience programme, and over time to be part of our international expansion programme.
You'll need to be a strategic leader with B2B marketing experience in a similar professional services industry as we're quite a complex bunch.
You will be working for a business that is looking to implement changes within our marketing team that will enable us to deliver our 3 year plan revenue targets and will have the chance to shape and strengthen our market position through improved product differentiation and customer experience.
We work super collaboratively across the business and are always looking to grow our offering so we're looking at this role to be an integral part of the delivery for our 3 year plan revenue targets. This job will give you the chance to shape and strengthen our market position through improved product differentiation and customer experience.
We're looking for someone to continuously challenge and improve the discipline of marketing in line with current B2B marketing trends whilst ensuring return on investment and achieving business results.
I you have a proven track record in leading and developing a marketing team to build and deliver strategies and tactics that result in measurable revenue and lead generation achievements vs targets, then you could be just the ticket.
We definitely need you to be a digital marketing specialist including SEO, social media, marketing automation (preferably with Marketo), and content marketing as we're currently undergoing lots of technical changes so your expertise will help us along that journey.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes...
- Experience in the same or similar role in a B2B marketing environment ideally within a training / services provider in a professional services environment (Legal, Accountancy, Risk & Compliance etc) and an understanding of client decision making processes
- Experience in marketing automation - Knowledge and confident user of Salesforce and Marketo or similar
- Knowledge of all areas of compliance and training aspects of the accountancy profession highly desirable
- A proven track record of achieving marketing lead and revenue targets along with line managing a marketing team and implementing marketing automation, with a good understanding of the technology implications of delivering marketing automation
- Strategic marketing planning – ability to develop and articulate a clear vision for the marketing function at Mercia, which will include new specialisms and approaches, particularly in digital
- Customer centricity – place our customer at the heart of all our plans and activities and ensure that we constantly improve the customer experience
“We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity