SEO Content Specialist, Portsmouth
Salary £18,000 p.a. + benefits
Our client is one of the UK's top digital marketing agencies. They are based in Portsmouth but their clients cover across the UK.
They are looking for an ambitious SEO Content Specialist to work within the Enterprise SEO team. This is an entry level role and the ideal person will have some marketing/digital/agency expertise or be a graduate with a relevant background. You must be calmly confident and thrive within a fast-moving environment with an interest in developing their search marketing career.
The SEO Content Specialist is focused around off-page activity; there is the opportunity to grow (excellent on the job training provided), extensive self-learning and commitment to the role into a specialist SEO position.
* Growing, monitoring and reporting off-page performance for a portfo9lio of new and existing SEO campaigns, whilst supporting the existing SEO team.
* Working with an existing team of specialists helping to grow the presence of our client’s sites across third-party websites and aiding the promotion of their content to external sources.
* Liaising with SEO Delivery Managers to report on improvements you have made as well as discussing new ideas, strategies and successes with SEO Delivery Managers and clients themselves.
* Supporting organic optimisation through off-page tactics from strategy through to implementation with support and ongoing training provided.
* Manage, deliver to deadline, and proactively progress all off-page SEO activities.
* Pursue opportunities via the phone, email and potentially face to face meetings.
* Be prepared to travel for short business trips across the UK with potential overnight stays.
* Monitor off-page activity results, analyse key Web site metrics, and provide proactive recommendations and strategies for continued improvement.
* Provide proactive value through your continued development and specialism building to a growing team of passionate search engine marketers.
* Have awareness of industry, related sectors, and algorithmic changes in the search engines to contribute to when and how to adapt our proven delivery methodology and off-page tactics.
* Exceed internal client expectations and performance goals on a daily basis (which is assumed to grow to client facing with personal development).
Ideal Candidate Requirements:-
* Some marketing/digital/agency expertise or be a graduate with a relevant background
* Must have an enthusiastic interest and ideally some existing experience delivering results through ethical search engine optimisation, marketing, and/or Public Relations & Communications.
* You’ll have a firm technical understanding of the Internet, its various technologies and especially SEO, alongside an understanding of some techniques and off-page tactics.
* You’ll be strong in task and project management and be adept at juggling a large number of tasks at once.
* Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills alongside excellent spread sheet skills.
* Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
* Previous experience outreach and/or link building is beneficial but not required