In 1985, we made the first mobile call in the UK, with your experience in developing digital propositions, help us to continue to create work worthy to shout about.
The job will form part of a growing social marketing team, with in-house production capabilities and relationships with world-class social creative and media agencies.
We need an innovative, agile and results-oriented senior manager to join the team. You might have been ahead of social' or director at creative agency, or another FTSE 100 company. Whatever your previous role, you must have a proven track-record on creating and owning high-impact social strategies and campaigns. An understanding of creative effectiveness on key platforms is what is needed to excel in this role.
Based out of London, the new Vodafone digital centre of excellence, we are looking for solid strategic thinking balanced with the ability to roll up your sleeves when you have to. A thinker and a doer.
• You will manage the social marketing activity for our consumer business.
• You must be able to lead multiple projects and briefs simultaneously - from major brand campaigns, influencer marketing work streams, devices launches and always-on social content development.
• You will collaborate and maintain close relationships with cross-functional teams to maximise the reach of social media efforts and ensure alignment across channels and teams, including other marketing verticals.
• You can also write a solid agency brief, evaluate strategy, assess creative ideas and the measure the overall effectiveness of our activity.
• You'll also manage and develop a small, talented team of social specialists as we try to change the way people experience the Vodafone brand through engaging social content and activations.
What you will need to succeed in this role
• Good industry experience, with recent experience as Account Director or equivalent
• Relevant management experience in the advertising and marketing industry – client, agency or consultancy side
• Experience in managing - and leading - a team of people through change in a fast paced environment
• Existing relationships with all the major social platforms
• Extensive experience of planning socially-led campaigns within the wider communications and marketing framework
• A deep knowledge and expertise of brand and response communications on social media, and experience in managing both
What will help you be ahead of the rest
1. You have ridiculously high standards with impeccable attention to detail, and are able to get the best creative work from our team and partners. Good enough isn't good enough.
2. Extensive experience in measuring the hard and soft impacts of social media performance - from brand uplift, business effects, reach and frequency, engagement, sentiment, and more much besides
3. In depth knowledge of capabilities and formats of each social platform, and how they can be pressed into service creatively in order to maximise effectiveness
4. A clear viewpoint on the future of social platforms, content marketing and influencer marketing
5. A clear point of view on social’s role and abilities in building brand consideration, and attracting new customers
Key Performance Indicators
• Tangibly increase Vodafone’s brand consideration through creative campaign / content best practice
• Accelerate performance against business / media KPI’s
• Improvement of audience engagement figures for campaign / content
• Regular and accurate reporting accuracy and insight sharing
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.