Reporting in to the Marketing Director, the Performance Marketing Manager has responsibility for developing and delivering the overall strategy and plan for the Performance Marketing function.
With responsibility for the management of multiple digital channels, you will lead a small team of performance marketing specialists across paid and organic search, display and affiliates. Your objective is to deliver the strategy through a holistic, agile approach in order to achieve business targets maximise growth and optimise return on investment.
The role includes a primary focus on the paid search function, leading the channel strategy development and supporting the Senior PPC Executive in the day to day delivery and reporting of the channel.
As we seek to drive increasing volumes whilst maintaining efficiency you will also be at the forefront of evaluating and integrating relevant marketing technology to drive improved performance.
As Performance Marketing Manager you will lead a team of skilled specialists with responsibility for PPC, SEO, display and affiliates. Managing the overall performance marketing strategy and budget, you will ensure that activity is fully optimised, delivering the targets set with the highest possible return on investment.
You will also develop and manage a reporting framework which clearly attributes performance across all digital marketing channels and communicates results back to the business in an effective manner. You will represent Performance Marketing at internal meetings with senior stakeholders to report on the performance and strategy of the teams.
You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on any budget or performance variances and flagging any issues in a timely manner. You will also work in an proactive and agile manner, recognising the reality of working within a trading business, and seek positive solutions to the budgeting challenges set.
A key function of this role will be to work collaboratively with colleagues within the wider marketing and commercial teams to ensure we are spending our budget appropriately. This may include managing short notice reallocation from, to or between performance marketing channels.
The Performance Marketing Manager will deliver first class PPC campaigns, supported by the Senior Search Executive who will provide the day to day delivery and reporting. You will own, drive and develop PPC strategy and planning, including producing accurate forecasting models to reach business targets and achieve a balance between ROI and volume.
You will also be an effective manager and leader, constantly challenging yourself and others to operate at a high performance level. You will demonstrate professionalism in the face of change and collaborative, effective and productive behaviours.
You will also be responsible for managing the relationships with our partner agencies to maximize efficiencies by constantly challenging decisions and developing a process of continuous improvement using trackable measures.
• Extensive digital marketing experience including setting strategies and managing sizeable marketing budgets across channels
• Experience in setting multi-channel targets, measuring activity and demonstrating results
• Experience of leading a team of highly skilled online marketing specialists
• Experience of PPC, Bought Media and SEO including previous experience in hands on paid search management
• Strong numerical and analytical skills & advanced MS Excel skills
• Experience of analytics tools
• Agency management and contract negotiation experience
• Someone who challenges themselves and their teams to always seek new and more effective ways to deliver, responding to business challenges with an open mind
• Strong relationship builder, able to work across teams and the organization to influence positive outcomes
• Comfortable with change, demonstrating positive and professional leadership when faced with uncertainty and business challenges
• Business savvy with excellent commercial acumen and decision making skills, recognizing that the business is wider than performance marketing
• Strong written and verbal communication including ability to present recommendations and results with knowledge and confidence
• Creative, innovative and ideas orientated approach, particularly to problem solving
• Comfortable working under pressure to tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks
• Excellent attention to detail
For us in Crystal Ski Holidays, the mountain is everything. We love it as much as our customers do - and we get to talk about it every day. Imagine that?
Since 1981 we’ve been finding the best places to ski, and the most beautiful lakes and mountains to awaken our senses in the summer months. We are the UK’s leading ski operator and our success is rooted in our people and their passion for the mountains. Many of us started out as reps overseas and have developed careers in the UK after several seasons on the snow. In fact several of the Leadership team started out that way.
We are enthusiastic, fun, approachable, and expert on all things ski & lakes. We work hard for our customers to ensure they can easily choose, book and experience the best possible holiday for them.
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.