Job Purpose: Researching user needs and developing recommendations to improve conversion on mobile
We are recruiting a motivated and goal-oriented person to form part of a cross-functional team that will lead the way in trialing a new way of working at IG. The successful candidate will be comfortable embracing and overcoming the difficultes in adopting new methods and mindsets in context of a larger organisation. They will be highly effective at communicating with others and focussing on the outcome of the team rather than the individual.
As a globally regulated financial business, IG has high standards imperative to the success of the company that create challenges in converting prospects to clients. This team will be measured on their success of improving conversion on mobile while aligning to the overarching commercial, product, platform and technical vision of the wider department.
If you are keen to be part of a pioneering team that have the skills necessary to understand the needs of clients, prioritise the value of problems and measure the impact of their changes against a commercial objective, then this UX researcher role may be for you.
• Work to generate feedback and insight that team needs to build a clear picture of the user and deliver solutions
• Collaborate with the data scientist to develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence
• Analyse commercial needs of the business prioritised by the product manager and turn user data into actional product requirements that feed into prototpe development and influence product direction
• Devise appropriate research strategies to generate focussed insights
• Draw together and present reasonable conclusions from a wide range of incomplete and complex evidence and data – able to act or decide even when details are not clear
• Identify the main issues in complex problems; clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations, to seek best option
• Make difficult decisions by pragmatically weighing the complexities involved against the need to act
• Exemplify positive client service behaviours and promote a culture focused on ensuring client needs are met
• Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value – give people space to think creatively
• Leading the design based on research
• Establishing design principles within the scope of their area
• Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for mobile user centered design practices
• Proven experience of gathering user requirements for mobile app or web-based services
• Proven experience of managing, executing and analysing usability test sessions
• Experience of audience and task modelling
Team player, prioritises the goal of the team over the individual
• Outcome focussed, keen to solve problems
• Always looking to learn and continually improve