We are currently recruiting for a full-time Marketing Executive to work in our Marketing Department.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to start or take the next step in their Marketing career. The successful candidate will be working within a busy, hard-working but fun department. You must have excellent attention to detail and meticulous organisational skills, with the ability to confidentially talk to exhibitors and visitors on the phone.
Diversified Communications UK is part of a rapidly growing, highly successful trade exhibition and media group, with our head office in Portland, Maine, USA.
Here in the UK we now organise 17 highly successful trade shows, all of them leaders in their sectors as well as publishing several market leading trade magazines. We are also produce a range of digital products that support the industries we work in. Over 105 highly motivated and talented people work in our Brighton, Cotswolds, Peterborough and London offices, all focused on creating the best possible exhibiting and visiting experiences for our customers.
We pride ourselves on providing a fun and inspiring workplace, combined with an entrepreneurial, 'can-do', attitude. We'll offer a vibrant working environment — our modern offices are right in the heart of Brighton, and our teams are the best in the business.
You will be working alongside the Marketing Manager and your tasks will include:
• Updating and the development of the event website
• Production of visitor and exhibitor marketing literature and liaise with external suppliers
• Work with internal designers in the preparation of adverts and manage deadlines
• Assist with the social media campaign including building profiles, sending out messages and monitoring response
• Build and implement email campaigns (both visitor and exhibitor)
• Liaise Set up contra agreements with media contacts / associations and partners
• Liaise with editors and assistant editors and assist with distribution of press releases and updating of press lists
• Database clean up and development including researching and data inputting
• Ensure our events are listed on all industry relevant websites
• Maintaining schedules of competitive events for each industry sector and keep up to date with industry knowledge
• Liaise with exhibitors to gather their latest news to help promote the events
• Work with external partners (exhibitors, speakers, committee etc) in helping promote the event
• Collation of content and information of the onsite show catalogues
• Collation and analysis of post-show questionnaires
• Assist with conference and workshops administration
• Basic office administration
• Exceptional Organisational Skills: Your organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task, are second to none. With hundreds of clients working over a portfolio of events you will be called upon to juggle a large volume of tasks on a daily basis.
• Ability to work under pressure: You thrive at working under pressure but equally you plan ahead to ensure that you take advantage of down times. The nature of the events business is that customer enquires hit their peak just as you reach your busiest stage in the planning cycle.
• Outstanding Customer Service: You naturally provide exceptional customer service and are always willing to go the extra mile for your clients.
• Fast Learner: You are a fast learner and are always keen to grow and develop.
• Proactive individual: You are a proactive individual who does everything to your best ability. You thrive when working for a company that is known as one of the best within the industry.
• Willingness to be flexible: You are a team player that is happy to assist with other team members tasks where required. If a new challenge is identified you are happy to change focus and work towards the common goal.
• Excellent communication skills: There will be a lot of communication by email but on site you will be face to face with your clients so excellent communication skills are a must.
• Positive friendly attitude: You have a positive, ‘can do’ type of attitude that is always willing to give something a try.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and a natural ability to work with a range of IT systems
• Confident using social media
• Previous marketing experience however graduates with a degree in Marketing will be considered
• Your communication skills, both written and verbal will be first class.