Web Designers blend creative skills and design talent with an understanding of digital marketing principles and information architecture frameworks to create unique websites and landing pages that convert. A front-end Web Designer focuses on UX and UI to ensure every element of your website is intuitive and simple to use and navigate.
Web Designer Job Description Template
We have an exciting vacancy for a talented Web Designer to work with our digital marketing team. The role requires a creative, passionate design professional who can deliver first-class design outcomes for our clients, with an understanding of brand identity and visual branding.
The ideal applicant will have proven design skills and a working knowledge of all the relevant graphic design software suites, preferably with previous experience in a similar role or a suitably qualified applicant looking to progress in their career.
Our appointed Web Designer will work directly with clients, so they must be friendly, approachable, open to new ideas, and work well in a team setting to implement requirements and suggestions proposed by our development team and senior management.
Marketing Assistant Responsibilities:
- Working closely with clients to expand on creative inspiration and ideas to produce concepts and web design assets.
- Analyzing existing web pages to identify areas for improvement, implementing changes, and testing the outcomes.
- Creating brand guidelines for design assets, best practice content creation, and lookbook standards such as color palettes and core themes.
- Implementing newly developed content guidelines across website imagery.
- Designing on-brand visual assets for clients or presenting new web design suggestions to improve UX.
- Managing various content management systems and ensuring good data flows between back-end databases and on-page tools.
- Updating web landing pages with new features and functionalities.
- Creating website design wireframes and site maps.
- Developing user and process flows to expand and share design ideas.
- Building sample website pages using stylized fonts and colors extracted from the brand style guide.
Marketing Assistant Requirements and Skills:
- Qualifications: a diploma or above in a relevant subject area.
- Expertise in graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and other comparable visual design software suites.
- Web programming skills, particularly in front-end landing page development.
- Understanding of SEO principles and content management systems.
- Ability to identify and correct compatibility problems across web browsers.
- Superb, proven skills in commercial graphic design.
- Creativity, an enthusiasm for idea sharing, adaptable working approaches, and an openness to learning new design techniques or strategies.
- Current knowledge of digital tech, website standards, regulations, and web protocols.