Social Media Assistants are important elements of a social media and digital marketing team, contributing to campaign design and deployment, monitoring post performance, and engaging with audiences across multiple channels to gauge brand perceptions, responses, and feedback.
Social Media Assistant Job Description Template
A vacancy has arisen for a talented, enthusiastic Social Media Assistant to join our busy social media marketing team; with outstanding time management abilities and a passion for the power of social media in the modern digital marketing landscape.
Our ideal candidate will understand marketing strategy fundamentals, be comfortable liaising with senior and management colleagues, and be prepared to contribute to idea-sharing sessions, social media content creation, and analytic tracking to inform future campaigns and social media promotions.
Social Media Assistant Responsibilities:
- Work with Social Media Managers and Executives to carry out tasks, social media page updates, publish campaigns and track campaign outcomes.
- Contribute to campaign and idea-sharing brainstorming sessions based on ideas, knowledge of demographics, and creativity.
- Research keywords, audiences, social media platforms, or marketing tools as directed by senior personnel.
- Publish updates to posts and campaigns to optimize for search engine keywords or address strategic content adaptation requirements based on feedback.
- Prepare reports based on social media management platforms and software analytics to demonstrate how campaigns and posts have performed.
- Develop new social media posts, including content writing and collating brand assets and audiovisual media to create exciting, fresh, engaging content.
Social Media Assistant Requirements and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of all major social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and others, including emerging channels that appeal to new demographics.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to appreciate how response and engagement metrics contribute to revenue, sales, click-throughs, and other tracked data.
- Established verbal and online communication skills with proven time management.
- An enthusiasm for learning, progression, and keeping up to date with new social media channels and how they engage with users.
- Ideally, a degree or similar qualification in marketing, social media management, or communications.
- Ideally, experience in a previous role related to social media or digital marketing.