An SEO Executive works in a management role, maintaining oversight of client websites and performance to improve traffic, SERP positions, and brand visibility. The scope of the post includes an extensive knowledge of keyword research techniques and Google-friendly link-building strategies.
SEO Executive Job Description Template
We are currently inviting applicants to apply for the position of SEO Executive, supporting a diverse team of content creators, website technicians, and external contractors in developing digital content that is fully optimized for SEO performance.
Our selected SEO Executive will be charged with overall marketing team management along with other senior leadership representatives and supporting cohesive working collaborations between sales, marketing, technical and PR colleagues.
The SEO Executive will receive regular performance reviews to measure outcomes against organizational SEO targets, determine the effects in returns and SEO metrics, and report to the board to make recommendations or expand on how the team has performed, including potential troubleshooting.
As an SEO Executive, you will also lead on website architecture maintenance to ensure all content and digital interfaces, both legacy and new, are updated and compliant with the latest search engine requirements and algorithmic preferences.
To be a successful SEO Executive, you must have expertise in content and copywriting, fully developed analytical abilities, and a strong background in digital content production, marketing, and optimization.
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and proactive leader who can manage a multi-faceted role, prioritize demands and timelines, and deploy a keen eye for campaign ideas or content strategies that will perform well against predetermined targets.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in an SEO Executive post or be looking to upskill from a more junior position with the required professional development.
SEO Executive Responsibilities:
- Creating on-brand, high-quality digital content optimized for SEO.
- Assisting content creators with developing blog and outreach content.
- Remaining knowledgeable about the latest SEO updates and developments.
- Providing in-depth performance reports through Google Analytics.
- Carrying out on and off-site competition research and analytics.
- Leading on keyword research and ongoing content optimization.
SEO Executive Requirements and Skills:
- Qualifications: marketing degree or closely related certification.
- Professional SEO experience of at least five years.
- Up-to-date understanding of Google Analytics.
- Comprehensive knowledge of web design and information architecture.
- Proficient grasp of back-link creation, strategies, and performance analysis.
- Desirable skills: experience in website coding.