Public Relations Managers are responsible for managing PR activities and campaigns, often working alongside Public Relations Directors or Executives to achieve deliverables, establish PR strategy, ensure the brand reputation is positive, and adhere to the brand focus on credibility and industry positioning.
Public Relations Manager Job Description Template
A vacancy has arisen for a skilled Public Relations Manager with an analytical ability yet a creative approach to developing future-proof PR strategies and campaigns that engage, inform, and reinforce positive public perceptions and generate social proof.
Our ideal candidate will work closely with clients, partners, and social media marketing colleagues while managing the PR functions, establishing consistent goals, and creating impactful campaigns.
The right applicant will be well-versed in industry trends and the impacts of digital on PR techniques and will have exceptional communication skills and the ability to remain focused and calm under pressure.
Public Relations Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the PR team, including appraisals, task delegation, managing schedules, and ensuring campaigns have been circulated and approved on time and within budget.
- Communicate directly with partners and clients to understand requirements, objectives, and issues and create content plans that enhance the brand position and reflect the brand story.
- Maintain active, positive relationships with brand partners, media outlets, and industry publications, including attending PR-related events and conferences.
- Liaise with outlets and publications to secure and negotiate opportunities for targeted advertising, brand features, and mentions.
- Research evolving trends in digital PR and communicate suggestions to the digital marketing leadership team.
Public Relations Manager Requirements and Skills:
- A degree or formal professional qualification in marketing, public relations, corporate communications, or another relevant field.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to negotiate, provide constructive criticism, and discuss challenges in a calm, professional and positive manner.
- Knowledge of PR campaign planning, and strategy, with the understanding of data and customer response metrics and focus group feedback to combine statistical information with creative outputs.
- A good knowledge of all major social media platforms, key demographics, and how to leverage social media presence to improve PR outcomes.
- A passion and enthusiasm for marketing and PR, with prior experience in at least a managerial role relevant to digital marketing.