Public Relations (PR) Assistants work closely with PR directors, assisting with all aspects of PR, from helping to create and oversee campaigns to monitoring brand perceptions and customer feedback to address issues or build on the brand reputation. PR Assistants also provide general administrative support to the broader PR department, such as scheduling meetings or managing appointments.
Public Relations Assistant Job Description Template
We are excited to be recruiting for a new Public Relations Assistant, looking for candidates who are confident communicators with the ability to liaise with a variety of colleagues and external partners. The post involves diverse duties, such as managing calendars and media communications, contributing to idea-sharing, and helping organize PR press releases and industry events.
Our perfect applicant will have outstanding presentation and communication skills, experience, or professional qualifications in public relations, and ideally, knowledge of content creation or copywriting and social media marketing best practices.
Public Relations Assistant Responsibilities:
- Manage all the administrative requirements of the PR Director and PR team, including editing, proofreading, circulating emails, and assisting with event management.
- Respond to incoming inquiries, field emails, and phone calls, manage the calendar for the digital marketing leadership team, and maintain up-to-date media contact lists.
- Update and manage the PR database, including all releases, press features, mentions, and tracking outcomes and ROI for paid campaigns.
- Deal with filing, material copying, printing, and other office-based requirements.
- Participate in idea-sharing, brainstorming, and PR strategy development.
Public Relations Assistant Requirements and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in public relations, marketing, communications, or another relevant topic.
- Excellent digital skills, from updating and managing databases to editing software, formatting imagery, proofing content, and ensuring attention to detail.
- A good understanding of fundamental PR techniques and best practices in media communication and social media marketing.
- Ideally, the ability to edit video footage or assist with editing.
- Outstanding time management and teamwork skills, with the confidence to liaise with managerial colleagues and administrative staff to manage busy calendars and coordinate schedules.
- Proven ability to communicate, share ideas, and create professional presentation materials.
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude and a current understanding of industry PR trends.