Marketing Managers are responsible for a range of managerial tasks, leading marketing colleagues, developing brand marketing strategies, overseeing decisions around pricing and promotions, and helping marketing teams generate leads and campaigns.
A Marketing Manager is tasked with handling budgets assigned to their department and liaising with their team to identify trends, opportunities, and risks, alongside reputation management and overall control of marketing deliverables.
Marketing Manager Job Description Template
An exciting role has arisen to join our busy marketing team in a fast-paced sector with ample opportunity for growth. Our ideal candidate will be passionate and business-minded, with knowledge of the company, our products, and key target demographics.
The role includes optimization and updating all current marketing strategies, managing the marketing budget and team, and working alongside other departmental managers to set targets, review performance and create future forecasts.
Applicants must have a strong track record in deploying successful marketing strategies, with proven knowledge of lead generation, and be able to introduce expertise to the team to help achieve objectives in terms of profitability, revenue creation, and brand positioning.
Marketing Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage a diverse team of marketing staff, including performance monitoring and regular appraisals.
- Evaluate the performance of current marketing campaigns and strategies, optimizing existing techniques and pricing methods where appropriate.
- Drive greater lead generation, and ensure all leads are followed up, nurtured, and progressed.
- Build a higher level of market share and brand awareness within the target demographic.
- Liaise with PR, production, sales, and finance departments to create beneficial marketing strategies that align with other forthcoming events, promotions, or launches.
- Manage and report on the use of the marketing team budget, with quarterly and yearly reports made to the senior leadership team.
- Attend conferences, trade fairs, and other sector-specific events to engage with partners and potential clients.
- Remain up to date with all emerging trends, technologies, and strategies within the marketing field.
Marketing Manager Requirements and Skills:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a subject relevant to business management and marketing.
- Ideally, a master’s degree in a suitable topic or field of study.
- Two years or more of experience in a professional marketing management role or similar management-level position.
- Good knowledge of automation software and tools, including Bitrix24.
- An excellent understanding of branding, marketing strategy, and promotional channels.
- Outstanding leadership, team management, and collaboration skills.
- The ability to solve problems and challenges analytically, navigating challenging market conditions.
- Proven ability to manage a team effectively, meet organizational targets, and work to strict deadlines.