Marketing Directors act in a leadership role, directing, guiding, and steering marketing departments through organizational change, focusing on long-term progress, market share, and brand visibility.
Marketing Director Job Description Template
We are inviting applications for the post of Marketing Director, looking for experienced leadership professionals with a specialism in marketing. Our preferred candidates will have a degree in marketing, communications, or business and have proven skills in managing a successful marketing department and overseeing high-return campaigns.
The right applicant will be a proficient project manager, experienced in stakeholder relationship management, and able to organize public events, trade shows, and conferences to represent and promote the brand.
This directorship role involves overseeing our busy marketing department, developing forward-thinking strategies, evaluating current marketing approaches, and consulting with other managers to ensure clear communications.
Our Marketing Director will work alongside our dynamic sales team to develop pricing strategies to enhance market share and profitability and report to the Board of Directors.
Marketing Director Responsibilities:
- Managing all aspects of the company marketing team.
- Analyzing and developing the current marketing strategy, making adjustments as necessary to meet evolving trends and marketing targets.
- Planning, managing, and coordinating marketing projects between graphic design, events, sales, and marketing departments.
- Developing a robust and creative marketing plan to exploit market opportunities and communicating tasks, responsibilities, and objectives to all stakeholders.
- Researching the market climate, including trends, consumer demand, and competitors.
- Creating comprehensive pricing strategies with the sales team to ensure market share and profit are maximized while meeting customer expectations.
- Mapping out potential areas for expansion or diversification to engage with new or growing customer demographics.
- Dealing with marketing budgets and reporting, including research, development, expenditure, ROI, and risk assessment profiles.
- Compiling detailed lists of offerings and how marketing activities promote each service area.
- Improving lead generation, brand positioning, market visibility, and sales conversions.
- Coordinating all marketing work and project managing new promotional activities.
- Organizing marketing events and publicity outreach, including trade shows and conferences.
- Overseeing social media content creation colleagues and ensuring social marketing links to the wider marketing strategy.
Marketing Director Requirements and Skills:
- Qualifications: a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or a relevant field.
- Proven experience in managing multi-faceted marketing and sales teams, with previous successful campaign management experience.
- Strong skills in time management, multitasking, managing budgets, and attention to detail.
- Effective copywriting skills and the ability to copy-edit campaign content.
- High level of professionalism and a driven work ethic to support and encourage colleagues and team managers.
- Competence in project management and stakeholder communications.
- Outstanding spoken, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience managing varied marketing channels, including content marketing, lead gen marketing, social media marketing, and PR.