A Marketing Assistant works as part of a larger marketing team, normally managed by the Marketing Manager. The role involves providing support and administrative input to assist with social media marketing campaigns, collating and analyzing analytics, and developing marketing strategies. They may also be asked to contribute ideas and suggestions to help inform future campaign development.
Marketing Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking to recruit a capable Marketing Assistant to provide ongoing administrative and organizational support to a busy marketing team. Our selected Marketing Assistant will learn throughout the role, working with senior marketing leaders and team members and implementing programs of work and marketing strategies as they develop.
Our ideal Marketing Assistant will be talented and keen to progress, grasping the opportunity to expand their marketing knowledge and learn how to apply it in real-world brand marketing activities.
The role is varied and interesting, ranging from administrative functions and data entry to active participation in brainstorming meetings and trend analysis.
Essential qualities to be considered include exceptional attention to detail, and first-class communication skills. Previous experience in a similar role or marketing function is desirable. Shortlisted candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject area.
Marketing Assistant Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the marketing team to provide support and assistance.
- Delivering administrative assistance to all team members and managers.
- Carrying out general office tasks and understanding the business branding.
- Preparing and editing documents such as performance reports.
- Updating and monitoring social media profiles and feeds.
- Extracting reports and data from marketing channels.
- Helping with brainstorming activities to recognize trends or opportunities.
- Learning how to operate digital marketing software tools.
- Creating materials from raw data such as presentations or case studies.
- Delivering presentations to in-house team members.
- Scheduling and conducting marketing research using appropriate tools.
- Data entry to collate responses to feedback questionnaires.
Marketing Assistant Requirements and Skills:
- Qualifications: a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a relevant business field.
- Experience in a prior role or related administration position.
- Professional standard verbal and written communications.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effective skills in both teamwork and independent working.
- Knowledge of computing tasks and competency in using Microsoft applications.
- Good quality organizational abilities.
- Desirable criteria: previous experience in a similar post or as an intern.
- Desirable criteria: experience within a digital marketing position.