Email Marketing Specialists are key team members for companies with a large focus on email marketing. The role involves managing campaigns and concentrating on content design that increases brand awareness. Email Marketing Specialists have transferable cross-sector skills and are most in demand in the clothing, beverage, and food industries.
Email Marketing Specialist Job Description Template
We have a unique opportunity to join our innovative, collaborative team. We are looking for a sharp, precise, and creative Email Marketing Specialist to inform and improve our promotional email circulations.
The position includes oversight of all email campaigns, from initial market research to content creation and publication, working alongside support teams and graphic designers to bring concepts to life.
Our selected Email Marketing Specialist will work closely with colleagues to maximize information and idea sharing to produce maximum brand awareness and engagements and must be a skilled copywriter with proven abilities to craft accessible, compelling copy.
The right Email Marketing Specialist for this position will be at the forefront of understanding technological changes and new marketing techniques, including knowledge of campaign tracking and click-through monitoring software and interactive email creation tools.
Email Marketing Specialist Responsibilities:
- Performing market research tasks and activities to study and quantify typical customer actions and behaviors.
- Evaluating former brand email campaigns to identify areas for improvement and recognize strengths to inform ongoing campaign development.
- Creating email market campaign concepts and ascertaining how these address new and potential customer pain points.
- Writing professional, well-considered email copy with 100% accuracy.
- Working alongside graphic design colleagues to improve email output appearance and enhance the visual impact of email marketing.
- Manage and maintain contact databases ensuring adherence to all data protection regulations.
- Circulating finalized email marketing through automated technology.
- Monitoring and reporting back on campaign success and metrics.
Email Marketing Specialist Requirements and Skills:
- Qualifications: a bachelor’s degree in marketing management, communications, or another relevant advertising subject.
- Proven professional expertise in designing high-performance marketing campaigns, particularly email-based promotions.
- Experience in database management, ideally in a comparable position.
- Knowledge of email software automation techniques and performance analysis technology.
- Outstanding marketing project management capabilities.
- Exceptional copy editing and copywriting abilities.
- Enthusiasm, passion, and energy to drive marketing success and innovation.
- The ability to work cohesively with other teams to design impactful, professional, and on-brand content across text, visuals, and imagery.
- Flexible attitude to working additional hours as required to meet critical paths and urgent campaign deadlines.