Digital Media Specialists work with digital marketing teams and communication managers to ensure that all digital media campaigns feature optimized, on-brand content and styling.
Professional digital media marketers use insights and knowledge to boost engagement, visibility, and brand awareness.
Digital Media Specialist Job Description Template
Our business is recruiting for an experienced Digital Media Specialist to support and complement the work of our capable digital marketing and SEO teams. We are looking for a knowledgeable, creative marketer with comprehensive knowledge of digital channels, including socials, blogs, and other web platforms.
The successful applicant will be tasked with planning all digital marketing campaigns and rolling promotions out, adapted to each channel.
We are interested in hearing from Digital Media Specialists who remain up to speed with communication software innovations and can harness available technology to produce compelling visual marketing with a professional finish.
Digital Media Specialist Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with senior leadership to create a future-proof digital media strategy to ensure integration between campaigns across online channels.
- Supporting colleagues in PR, social media management, digital advertising, and content creation to curate and select on-brand content suited to the themes and styles of contrasting digital media platforms.
- Scheduling content publications across all digital media and using outreach content to improve brand awareness via Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Creating immersive content and adapting each piece of content to adhere to platform publication guidelines, with consistent brand imagery.
- Maintaining a diverse and accessible media library and digital asset hub.
- Monitoring and reporting on ROI and the outcomes of digital media campaigns.
- Accessing updates and developments within digital media trends as part of ongoing professional development.
Digital Media Specialist Requirements and Skills:
- Qualifications: a bachelor’s degree or above in marketing, digital marketing, or a relevant subject.
- At least two years of experience working within professional digital marketing.
- Thorough knowledge of content design and editing software, including Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and InDesign.
- Understanding of content management systems and best practice web design.
- Extensive experience utilizing Google Ads and Campaign Manager alongside other analytical tools.
- Experience using paid social media marketing tools and understanding evolving trends and consumer appetites.
- General budgeting and spend monitoring skills to deliver accurate reporting on paid digital media campaigns, ensuring each project remains within budget and represents a return on investment.