Customer Relationship Managers are responsible for engagement, dialogue, and communication with core customers and broader demographics. This role involves establishing social proof and brand trust, maintaining an on-brand digital presence, and addressing potential reputational damage through proactive communications management.
Customer Relationship Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled Customer Relationship Manager to take on responsibility for consumer engagement and relationship management, to enhance brand visibility and domain authority through outstanding service and communications.
Our selected Customer Relationship Manager will actively seek opportunities to expand our customer demographics and establish a rapport with new users, with a strategic approach to ensure our services exceed customer expectations.
The right applicant will be an exceptional communicator and able to tailor all correspondence to brand values, with outreach quality assurance projects to evaluate customer satisfaction levels and identify improvement areas.
In the post, our appointed Customer Relationship Manager will partner with other sales and accounts managers to address issues and preserve positive long-term relationships.
Customer Relationship Manager Responsibilities:
- Establishing and solidifying customer relationships with pre-existing and new clients or service users.
- Ensuring all communications are handled correctly, with swift complaints resolutions and proactive efforts to engage with customers and attract interest in new products.
- Working with other departmental managers to create strategic service plans, expanding the existing customer base through supported cross-selling or upselling.
- Responding to customer needs, requests, and complaints to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
- Researching and understanding the competition and customer relationship best practices to incorporate this into the outreach strategy.
Customer Relationship Manager Requirements and Skills:
- Qualifications: bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or a relevant topic.
- At least three years of experience in a customer-facing management role.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to deal with tense or difficult complaints and reach a mutually acceptable solution.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications and excellent product knowledge to respond quickly and accurately to technical queries.
- Professional leadership skills and the ability to explain, coach, and educate colleagues in the right ways to approach relationship management.
- A positive, friendly, and accessible manner to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and a calm presence to reassure and engage.