Communications Assistants are an invaluable part of a communications and digital marketing team, providing support, administration, data collation, and general office-based duties to ensure functions and projects are well-equipped, on time, and on budget.
A Communications Assistant reports directly to a departmental manager and can undertake a range of duties, from schedule management, research, and content proofing to drafting media releases and short-form content campaigns, channeling incoming communications to the appropriate colleagues, and maintaining accurate records.
Communications Assistant Job Description Template
We have an exciting vacancy for an enthusiastic and committed Communications Assistant keen to learn digital marketing skills as part of a talented and accomplished team. The right candidate will support their colleagues in varied projects, such as drafting content or posting media on social media channels under supervision.
Our ideal applicant will have fantastic communication skills and be highly organized with faultless attention to detail, reliability, and functionality, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to support our content creation and social media marketing teams in a diverse area of projects.
Communications Assistant Responsibilities:
- Manage calendars, events, meetings, and schedules for the content marketing team.
- Provide reports on engagement, exposure, brand mentions, and project outcomes across digital marketing channels.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date contact databases and follow-up call bookings.
- Support communications managers with varied tasks and administrative functions such as drafting reports and presentations, posting content on social media channels, and providing general admin support such as research, data entry, proofreading, and filing.
- Help the digital marketing team facilitate smooth communications through report and strategy distributions.
- Draft initial versions of content for publication, including social media posts, emails, and internal reports.
Communications Assistant Requirements and Skills:
- Good knowledge of all popular social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Excellent communication skills and punctuality, with the capacity to multitask and manage several projects to the prescribed priorities.
- Fantastic attention to detail and the ability to both work independently and collaborate in broader team discussions and strategy meetings.
- A creative, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Good general understanding of content marketing strategy, social media promotions, and media relations.
- Ideally, a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or another applicable topic.