Chief Marketing Officers oversee the broader marketing functions within a company, with supervision and responsibility for all marketing campaign deliverables, including budgetary control and final approvals.
The Chief Marketing Officer is tasked with raising revenues, visibility, engagement, and profitability through marketing activities comprising a blend of organic marketing, paid advertising, and strategically placed promotions.
Chief Marketing Officer Job Description Template
We are seeking skilled candidates to lead our marketing team as Chief Marketing Officer, with a passion for scalable business growth, transitioning content into revenues, and driving results-based progress throughout all marketing functions.
Our selected candidate will form part of our senior leadership team, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, and have autonomy over the management and uses of a generous marketing budget aligned with our commitment to leveraging content to achieve KPIs.
The right applicant will be responsible for all marketing, from evaluating and recommending changes to current systems and structures to creating new forward-thinking strategies and tailoring existing content approaches to meet changing market trends.
Chief Marketing Officer Responsibilities:
- Oversee all marketing activities, including promotions, paid campaigns, influencer marketing, digital marketing, advertising, and organic material circulations.
- Control and manage the marketing budget, providing reports back to the senior leadership board to demonstrate returns achieved and recommend long-term strategies to improve revenues.
- Collaborate closely with public relations and sales officers to ensure objectives and targets are cohesive across the organization and aligned with overall goals.
- Plan, manage and implement marketing and advertising campaigns across all channels.
- Support growth throughout the marketing team while selecting external partners, agencies, and relevant professionals to assist with onward growth.
- Supervise in-depth research to assess market conditions, competitor activities, opportunities, and threats.
Chief Marketing Officer Requirements and Skills:
- Essential criteria include at least a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field, such as business communications, marketing, or business management.
- Desirable criteria include a Master’s degree in a similarly relevant topic, such as marketing.
- Exceptional experience in a high-level managerial position with proven skills in business progress and revenue growth.
- An inclusive, enthusiastic, and dynamic attitude, encouraging team members to think creatively, be open with their contributions, and share new ideas.
- Outstanding understanding of all marketing platforms, techniques, monitoring, and analytical tools.
- At least eight years in a senior marketing role with a superb track record in achieving targets and showcasing an ability to project manage while controlling budgets.