Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, Depop, or Elo7 you’ll tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an analytical marketer to join the Performance Marketing team to support the optimization of Product Listing Ads and Search Engine Marketing campaigns. You will be analyzing and executing large-scale Google and Microsoft campaigns, implementing keyword and ad copy experiments, leveraging data-driven insights to design rigorous campaign and feed experiments, and iterating upon audience segmentation approaches to refine paid investment efficiency.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager and the base salary range will be 80,000-104,000 USD per year. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. For this role, we are considering candidates based in the United States who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
The Performance Marketing team is dedicated towards driving meaningful and measurable growth and profitability by matching buyers to seller inventory across various paid media vendors. We collaborate closely together and with partner teams such as Analytics, Product, and Engineering in order to automate and optimize global offsite experiences and programs at scale.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Oversee day to day management of portions of Etsy’s Global PLA/SEM program– optimizing towards strict performance goals via campaign development, testing, learning, bid strategies, and targeting
- Manage external agencies and technologies effectively towards rigorous ROI goals; maximizing service/offerings and recognizing tactical areas of opportunity
- Deliver reporting, insights, and forecasts that accurately and appropriately measure channel performance on a daily through annual basis
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional partners to strengthen the SEM/PLA program such as feed optimizations and data integrations with engineering
- Stay on top of the always-evolving digital marketing landscape, from industry news to emerging technology
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- You have 2-3 years demonstrated success in managing all aspects of large-scale PLA and SEM campaigns to specific ROI goals with experience in e-commerce/retail.
- You have deep familiarity with Google Ads, a bid management tool (ex. Kenshoo/Skai, Marin, etc.), and web/app tracking (Appsflyer, Google Tag Manager).
- You have worked with product catalogs of over 10k+ SKUs and identified high-impact feed optimization opportunities.
- You have familiarity with data platform tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Google Analytics
- You have the ability to assess and communicate key optimization opportunities.
- You have strong critical thinking skills coupled with a bias towards action so as to anticipate and navigate the constantly changing marketing landscape
- You are a natural collaborator who is able to build positive relationships across the company and drive decision-making
- Candidates with SQL experience are a plus – translating raw data into insights to guide campaign optimization decisions
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you’d like. As we hope you’ve seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We’re open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.