- Job Reference:616116
- Date Posted:
- Location:New York, NY
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary:$89,000 and $166,000 USD / Year
- Applications have closed
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
The SEO Strategist will support an Omni-channel strategy, execution, and analysis via SEO best practices and innovation for both Verizon.com/business/ and Verizonconnect.com. The person in this position will have deep experience in specific SEO disciplines including keyword research, content strategy, and backlink acquisition. In addition, this person will bring expertise with data analysis and visualization in order to show how data can direct SEO decision-making.
- Supporting cohesive, compelling SEO strategies that guide the content development for Verizon Connect, International, and eCommerce pages on Verizon web properties.
- Defining an SEO roadmap for the year with an eye for quick wins and long-term projects. Ongoing analysis of Verizon.com/business/ and Verizonconnect.com.
- Serving as a trusted consultant, practitioner, and advocate for the SEO discipline. Working with Verizon Business Digital teams to train and socializeSEO.
- Communicating strategic visions to internal stakeholders and partnering across business units (Marketing, IT, Consumer Insights).
- Establishing and promoting SEO guidelines, best practices and standards. Maintaining expert level understanding of latest industry trends, guidelines, and algorithm changes.
- Working with analytics teams for reporting and tagging. Data mining, analyzing data, and developing analytical models using best-practices-based methods and state-of-the-art tools.
- Performing exploratory data analysis to uncover trends, insights, and opportunities. Synthesizing data into actionable recommendations.
- Working with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming.
- Partnering with technology, front end development, infrastructure, and DNS teams.
- Working with analytics teams to diagnose issues, set reporting KPIs, and synthesize data into clearly explained SEO stories.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for a passionate search marketer with experience in eCommerce, international, and offsite SEO. An ideal candidate will be able to take initiative in collaboration with our digital teams to support SEO efforts.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Marketer/agency/consultative services experience in SEO.
- Knowledge of technical SEO principles.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experiencewith SEO tools, such as SEMRush, aHrefs, Botify, Screaming Frog, etc.
- Bilingual English-Spanish translation skills.
- Experience with offsite backlink acquisition and content amplification.
- Knowledge of the latest SEO trends and technologies.
- Experience in relevant web design principles, UX/CX best practices.
- Experience communicating the value that SEO, Branding, Content, and IA has on KPIs and business drivers.
- Experience analyzing large data sets, monitoring campaigns for improvements, and ensuring campaign goals are being fully met.
- Knowledge of tech stacks, analytics tools, etc.
- Experience in project management and working cross-functionally to accomplish business goals.
- Experience optimizing Ecommerce & lead generation websites.
- Knowledge of consumer/user experience best practices for web and app.
- Knowledge in backlink and external linking strategy.
- Experience working with enterprise level websites (50,000+ organic traffic/mo).
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $89,000 and $166,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.