- Date Posted:
- Location:Remote (US)
- Job Type: Full Time
- Applications have closed
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
If you’re adept at communicating the benefits of complex technologies in fresh, lively, original copy; can quickly interpret client needs; and work well under deadline, Cloudflare’s in-house Brand team wants to hear from you.
Cloudflare is looking for a talented creative copywriter to develop campaign copy, web copy, videos, social copy, content and messaging that will have a visible and measurable impact on our business and brand.
The ideal candidate understands IT buyers and technology (especially infrastructure, networking and cyber security), is a strategic thinker who can understand and write to a brief in a consistent tone, and an effective storyteller who can help customers understand Cloudflare’s value in a clear and engaging way.
Reporting to the Senior Creative Director, the creative copywriter will collaborate with project managers, designers, video producers, product marketing managers, and digital/social media experts, and engage with internal clients to understand their audiences and meet their objectives with creative work that meets the highest standards.
- Express Cloudflares’s brand image, identity, voice, and unique position in the marketplace to business and technical audiences
- Translate client objectives and creative briefs into compelling concepts, headlines, and copy
- Brainstorm fresh ideas as key member of creative team
- Write and edit content for assets including digital, print, and out-of-home advertising, video, interactive experiences, and microsites, as well as email, event themes and taglines.
- Contribute to messaging guidelines and tools to help marketers and communicators express brand messages consistently and powerfully
- Draft and refine creative briefs to help internal clients clearly articulate their goals
- 7+ years of experience in copywriting on an in-house team or at an agency with B2B technology clients; advertising experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of current trends in marketing and technology; strategic and analytical thinking plus the ability to execute
- A diverse portfolio demonstrating a proven record of B2B storytelling that resonates with both technical and executive audiences
- Experience in managing relationships, influencing, and collaborating across organizations at all levels; strong presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and thrive as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Cool under pressure, resourceful, reliable, attentive to detail
- Independent judgment and initiative to resolve problems and recommend solutions
- Curiosity and a learning mindset. Cloudflare is always innovating and technology is always advancing. The ideal candidate will be a lifelong learner who keeps pace with the company’s growing business and portfolio
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $113,000 – $138,000.
- For New York City-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $124,000 – $152,000.
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person’s, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.